Good gaming pc

mkeonpc

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hello community I am looking to build a pc in about a couple months to play games and a little editing.
Screen res: 1600x900
Games: bf3, arma2,Cod4
This is what im thinking of getting: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CM9H

Will my build be able to max/ high settings most to all games on the market with 40+ fps? Can i do anything to improve this build? Would OC be a good idea?

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
1. With that build and resolution, You'll be fine with most games today.
2. Yes, OC can improve your build but it would cost you more. If I were you, I would stick to that build since it would be fine.
3. If you want to have more performance, I would suggest getting a 7950 over that 7870. The worth improvement on your build rather than going to OC which would cost you more. But it depends of course on your budget. If you can afford an OC build and you want to go with it then go ahead. But as I said, I suggest just get a 7950 instead or stay with your build, you'll save a lot than going for an oc build.

With a 7870, you'll maxout any of those games at that resolution, you don't need a higher card for that.
The i5-3470 is a good choice, it has the same performance as the i5-3570 at stock, the i5-3470 will not bottleneck the 7870, the money you'll spend in the k cpu and z77 motherboard, can be spend in a ssd or monitor.
It's a good build overall.