GTX 660 Ti in Gateway FX6800-01e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I hope Im posting this in the right place , I have been racking my head about this before i advise a friend locally about their new video card for their older but still nice Gateway machine... the specs I7-920 socket 1366 9GB ram (I thinking they are running at 1066 and far as i can tell the pci E slots are PCI-E 2.0 .... the problem is as I am concerned that the GTX660 Ti has a PCI-E 3.0 architecture ,, the compatibility with a 2.0 slot, I want to make sure their slot supports 3.0 as its different than 2.0 I cant find a bios update for it that addresses this so ,, if anyone knows big help.

Solution
PCIe will work fine, it's backward compatible. BIOS will not be able to upgrade your version, that's built in. Specs say you have a 500w power supply so it probably will do. But sometimes those OEM power supplies are flaky. Send us the info on the side of the power supply.

zdbc13

Distinguished
PCIe will work fine, it's backward compatible. BIOS will not be able to upgrade your version, that's built in. Specs say you have a 500w power supply so it probably will do. But sometimes those OEM power supplies are flaky. Send us the info on the side of the power supply.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.