Sign in with
Your question

Using monitor for both my computer and my xbox 360

Last response: in Systems
February 11, 2013 6:36:14 AM

hey guys i need some help i have no clue how you can use your monitor to switch between my xbox 360 and my computer, should i just hook up my dvi cable to the monitor n computer then hdmi from monitor to xbbox? is there a way i can switch between or do i have to turn one or the other off to make it work? help will be very appreciated
a b C Monitor
February 11, 2013 12:41:49 PM

Just switch the inputs on the TV using the remote. Don't forget that the monitor has to have speakers for the xbox to have sound.
m
l
February 12, 2013 1:51:11 AM

tiny voices said:
Just switch the inputs on the TV using the remote. Don't forget that the monitor has to have speakers for the xbox to have sound.

im using a monitor for both not a tv btw is there different inputs to choose from on a monitor
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2013 2:18:16 PM

There should be a way to change inputs. You may just have to unplug whichever one you aren't using at the time due to the monitor auto-searching for inputs.
m
l
February 12, 2013 2:30:02 PM

Depending on the model of the monitor, you should be able to switch from the menu of the monitor itself. I have an HP 2408w and I just hit menu, then scroll down to input select and hit menu again, and voila. Hope that helps!
m
l
!