Using monitor for both my computer and my xbox 360

hey guys i need some help i have no clue how you can use your monitor to switch between my xbox 360 and my computer, should i just hook up my dvi cable to the monitor n computer then hdmi from monitor to xbbox? is there a way i can switch between or do i have to turn one or the other off to make it work? help will be very appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about using monitor computer xbox
  1. Just switch the inputs on the TV using the remote. Don't forget that the monitor has to have speakers for the xbox to have sound.
  2. tiny voices said:
    Just switch the inputs on the TV using the remote. Don't forget that the monitor has to have speakers for the xbox to have sound.

im using a monitor for both not a tv btw is there different inputs to choose from on a monitor
  3. There should be a way to change inputs. You may just have to unplug whichever one you aren't using at the time due to the monitor auto-searching for inputs.
  4. Depending on the model of the monitor, you should be able to switch from the menu of the monitor itself. I have an HP 2408w and I just hit menu, then scroll down to input select and hit menu again, and voila. Hope that helps!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Xbox 360 Computers Monitors Systems