Improving Cable Management and Cleaning Dust Guide

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
This is a tutorial for anyone having problem like I had (Dust and Cable Management)
Just a bit more than half an hour's work makes a [strike]little[/strike], no thats not right.... Huge difference!

BEFORE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I did...

1. I removed the molex to sata converters and replaced them with proper ribbon sata cables...

2. I pulled and tidied up all the extra slack...

3. I cleaned up the dust with some compressed air and Voila!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, anyone reading this can benefit from this ;)

My thoughts- Im very happy and WOW the Corsair 500R's cable management system rocks!

Your thoughts- ???

System Specifications :-

CPU: Intel 3770
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77 V PRO
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) @ 1600MHz
Video Card: Asus GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II
Case: Corsair 500R White Edition
Power Supply: Corsair HX650
DVD Writer: LG Modisc
Hard Disk Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm 64MB cache

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

unfortunately, my case doesnt have a side panel windows :(

I was just pointing out that kits are available, vendor choice is up to you, although in India you are probably better off going for the original modders route, cut the desired hole, sheet of acrylic and glue/doublesided tape to keep it on the panel,
as I said, cheaper too :)
Moto