Computer problems - Ingames.

Curtis3321

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Hello.

Last month, i bought myself a new computer, And because i am a hard-coreish gamer, i custom built the setup.

Everytime i go into a game like Call Of Duty 4, BF3 my computer will FREEZE up. I can hear people on Teamspeak, but not respond.

When im in COD4 it crashes within 15 seconds to 2 mins. (I have located this to be a CCC issue)

When in BF3 it does not always crash! Last night (10th) i played for 1 hour straight. Today (11tH) i played for exactly 30 mins, and it freezed up.

My specs are :
2x 7870's
8 core AMD Cpu running @ 3.6ghz
16GB of ram
2 Monitors

*It's not the temps, i have all temps showen up when im ingame on my 2nd screen, and they are cool.

Graphics is about 50*c on BF3 which is very resource heavy*

Thanks.

jacobsta811

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Can you freeze it with something like furmark ? How about with Prime 95 ? If you can crash it with furmark but prime 95 shows no errors, you probably need to test your graphics cards out one at a time to see if one or the other is causing the issue. Other possibilities would be the power supply not generating enough power for an SLI setup, bad RAM (should error prime 95), or a bad motherboard.

Curtis3321

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013

I will try to use the Prime 95 how will i know if there is a problem?

jacobsta811

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Prime 95 will display an error during torture testing, or if there are no issues, when you stop the torture test it will display "0 errors 0 warnings".
If you can run furmark burn-in for several hours and you also can run prime 95 successfully overnight I would suspect some kind of software problem. Following the driver sweeper instructions to uninstall your drivers and reinstall the latest (http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html). If no fix I personally probably would wipe windows and start fresh.