/ Sign-up
Your question

What's The Proper Cable?

  • Graphics Cards
  • Dual Link Dvi
  • Monitors
  • Cable
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
December 27, 2012 12:00:59 AM

My video card has a Dual link DVI-I female port. But my monitor has a dual link DVI-D female port. How in the world am I to connect these together. I've looked all over Tiger Direct for the right cable or adapter until my eyes crossed and my brain went numb. Can someone clue me in?

PS; monitor has dual link DVI-D, and a VGA port.

Video card has dual link DVI-I port, and a HDMI port, and one called a Display connector(whatever that means)

More about : proper cable

December 28, 2012 12:32:44 AM

Thanks te100. Ya got me on the right track....appreciate it, man.
January 4, 2013 12:15:27 AM

Dual link DVI-D male on both ends of the same cable is the necessary cable to use if you have a Dual Link DVI-I female port on your graphics card and a Dual Link DVI-D female port on your monitor.