Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool4strenz

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hey guys,

I opened a similar thread recently about the 670 vs the 7970 and I ended up going for the ASUS GTX 670 DC2T. But now, the store doesn't have the DC2T in stock, so which alternative should I go for. Normally I'd just jump to MSI Power Edition, but I read that MSI was caught overvolting the GPU somehow that ruined the life span of the card and the 12V rail might not be sufficient for the card. There's also the Windforce but people have been saying it's quite loud and the cooling ability is inferior to the DC2T and the Power Edition. Any thoughts?

Cool4strenz

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Oh so they fixed it I see. Does the Power Edition have those blue LED lights? I heard that they do and they're kind of bugging me 'cause my PC is running Black-Green. But I mean, it's performance over aesthetics.

andrewcarr

Distinguished

andrewcarr

Distinguished
The gigabyte cards are also nice and possibly a bit quieter but at the same time don't have the same quality that MSI has and the OC is normally a bit lower. I bit better option I'd say if you want to keep noise down. Although if it's my buy I'd still get the MSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.