DVL-909 HELP

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
July 3, 2005 10:40:14 AM

My DVL909 quit working, the trays wont open and the only response is the
blue led above the trays blinking when a button is pushed. Power button
works and I can hear a relay clicking when power comes on. Where should I
start looking for the problem and how can I get the trays to open manually?

More about : dvl 909

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 5:32:06 AM

Hi! I had the same problem a few weeks ago. In my case, the flex cables
(which interface the transport PCB with the laser-pickup) had a loose
contact (wires inside the flex were broken). I had to give it to
Pioneer for service (and lost around 100 Euros, but it was a good
investment anyway, since the serviceman has cleaned the transport and
added new lubricate). Be careful when transporting the unit to the
service, since the pickup is not parked and shock during transport
might cause severe damage. Don't try to fix it yourself.

Regards, Torsten
!