60 inch 1080p TV with my computer

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
My card is a 5870
I have an i5 3870 @ 4.3
16 MB and Samsung 440 pro with Samsung 430 as data...

I have been looking to upgrade, but I've been playing Call of Duty II Spe. Ops and Borderlands 2 and don't notice any lag with max settings that I need to change. Because I play on my TV my res is low 1080p so it doesn't seem to be pushing the card too hard...

I have been upgrading every two years but I can't see the point in getting a new graphics card... my TV makes my view area extremely large and comfortable.... I havn't used my 24 ich monitor in over 8 months... I can't go back...

I find this setup so good... I was going to go dual or triple monitor, but tried this and seems great... no bezels, hardware requirements isn't very high...

What am I missing... with high resolution I don't see that I get that much more view, maybe with strategy games...

the thing that you be missing now on most games is the newer game engines. as microsoft and other drop new game engines that add more and more eye candy. you need gpu that support dir-x 10 and 11.2. your older card is a dir-x 9x card only. also with newer cards they support the newest version of hdmi. can have just one cable going from your video card to tv.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
ahhhh thanks all. in practice is it truly three times viewing area? sounds like i need to try out a three monitor setup.

but yes my card supports dx 11. thats also why i havnt upgraded. but it sounds like with crysis III and increase viewing i will need the 8000 or 700 series cards...

Wow! :eek: Did you really just post that!

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
For Crisis, I tried crossfire on the 3XXX series and was really turned off by the low scaling, bugs, and just general performance. and then putting two monitors together had huge bezels and made the gaps unbearable. I see some of the samsungs are nicely thin now, but still very hesitant. If it really scales to 3 times the viewing area then I will need to rethink the whole setup... someone mentioned to me about projectors... but i never liked them ...