Intel CPU i5 3570 3.4GHz
Asus Motherboard P8B7M-LX
Asus Nvidia 1GB GTX 560 DC II
Cosair RAM 4GB
Cooler Master SMPS 550W 80+
Windows 7
Nvidia latest driver 310.70

Graphics Settings:
1920x1080, All set to ULTRA except AA which I TURNED OFF for better FPS.
My Average FPS were 45 to 55, sometimes ~ 40
Screen in FULL SCREEN MODE\WINDOW MODE

I started playing battlefield 3 for quite a while. The game application keeps getting crashed to desktop within 10 to 15 mins but randomly. Initially thought it was a bug, later using nvidia inspector I found it was running out of memory. Depending upon the level the VRAM rapidly raises > 1010MB and I start to get FPS drop for 2 secs and suddenly it crashes. I also caught Windows stating something like "directx VRAM ran out of memory....."

On contrast in window mode, I did not see crash (For now, not sure if I may get in future)

BUT I NEVER END UP TO CRASH WITH ANY OTHER DEMANDING GAMES SUCH as "FARCRY3, SLEEPING DOGS, CRYSIS 2, SKYRIM, etc"

What is the solution?. Can't battlefield 3 be played using 1GB GPU card?. But the actual spec says 1GB 560 is the recommended. I am so sure this is no hardware bug.
Please help....!!!
15 answers Last reply
More about battlefield crashes error vram memory help
  1. BF3 at 1080P uses more than 1GB of VRAM, lower your texture settings!
  2. Increase virtual memory settings.
  3. amuffin said:
    BF3 at 1080P uses more than 1GB of VRAM, lower your texture settings!

I can't upgrade as I did few months ago. I Cant really believe it. Why advertise the recommended spec as 1GB VRAM then?.
  4. hytecgowthaman said:
    Increase virtual memory settings.

How come virtual memory changes impact VRAM?. I dont get it
  5. One thign is a card with 1 GB or 2 GB, other thing is the chipset it uses. Try using high settings, and medium to test if its stable.

Virtual memory keep at leat 1024 MB.
  6. centaurius said:
    One thign is a card with 1 GB or 2 GB, other thing is the chipset it uses. Try using high settings, and medium to test if its stable.

Virtual memory keep at leat 1024 MB.

Well, I dont know how the virtual memory settings affect VRAM though both are not related, provided I have plenty of Physical RAM. However, I can check with settings reduced, but again is this the only solution? or any specific nvidia driver can help?.
  7. xtcx said:
    I can't upgrade as I did few months ago. I Cant really believe it. Why advertise the recommended spec as 1GB VRAM then?.

Recommended isn't for ultra settings.
  8. exactky reduce details as ultra is really not recommended hw

best
    revro
  9. Okay thanks. However for a card like this while still capable of running in ultra, but limited by just but memory is something painful, especially for the money invested.
  10. on other hand i had 1gb 5750 and it never crashed on me even tough i had like 15fps in bf3 on ultra :) tough i did play on medium or even low with 50-60fps

maybe there is some system setting which would not lead to crash cause of vram

best
    revro
  11. revro said:
    on other hand i had 1gb 5750 and it never crashed on me even tough i had like 15fps in bf3 on ultra :) tough i did play on medium or even low with 50-60fps

maybe there is some system setting which would not lead to crash cause of vram

best
    revro

Oh unbelievable.Are u sure?. Do you mean bad drivers? from nvidia?
  12. well i have the very latest driver for my card. Shud I downgrade and check?
  13. Lower some of the settings in your game. The latest drivers should improve performance for BF3.
  14. keep everything on ultra except MSAA & try using Supersampling 8x you will not find difference & get rid of this error too.
  15. Thanks, will try and let you know...!!!. I've heard high resolutions are the culprits that will suck memory much....Anyway thanks. Let me get back
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Graphics