Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My new build check list

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 11, 2013 11:15:08 PM

Hey guys. Im gonna be building a new pc over the next few months and have spend the last few days putting a parts list together. Any input would be fantastic. The only thing im missing is a power supply which i guess isnt much if a deal.

i5-3570k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Asrock z77 extreme4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


G.Skill ripjaws Xseries 4x4GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


EVGA GTX 660 Ti 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Kingston HyperX 3K Sata III SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Creative Sound Blaster 5.1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Hyper 212+ CPU fan
Antec 900 case

Not sure if im missing anything

Mostly a gaming rig for Dota2 and minecraft and such.

Thanks for any responses and input

More about : build check list

February 11, 2013 11:46:18 PM

Fathomthis1 said:
Hey guys. Im gonna be building a new pc over the next few months and have spend the last few days putting a parts list together. Any input would be fantastic. The only thing im missing is a power supply which i guess isnt much if a deal.

i5-3570k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Asrock z77 extreme4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


G.Skill ripjaws Xseries 4x4GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


EVGA GTX 660 Ti 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Kingston HyperX 3K Sata III SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Creative Sound Blaster 5.1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Hyper 212+ CPU fan
Antec 900 case

Not sure if im missing anything

Mostly a gaming rig for Dota2 and minecraft and such.

Thanks for any responses and input


Hey if you want to put your PC together a lot easier, use PCPartPicker.com. A lot of people here use it and it's less of an eyesore. And about your build, you don't really need a Sound Card. I also HIGHLY suggest getting at least a 80 Plus certified PSU. That way it won't blow up your stuff.

If you found my post helpful, check my build video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzwLSIs1M1k
Thank you and hoped this helped!
February 11, 2013 11:48:17 PM

Yeah it's for gaming entirely.
Related resources
February 11, 2013 11:50:45 PM

I threw the sound card in for whatever its been a good six hears since I built a pc and I don't remember if I had one. I do use a headset most of the time anyway but I will also have my music on here
February 11, 2013 11:52:29 PM

Hi. over the next few months, a lot of thing would have changed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($101.11 @ eCost)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150HG 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($14.95 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Green 530W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $663.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-11 20:52 EST-0500)

This build will already MAX Dota2 and Minecraft easily and it's cheaper too!
February 11, 2013 11:56:53 PM

Fathomthis1 said:
Hey guys. Im gonna be building a new pc over the next few months and have spend the last few days putting a parts list together. Any input would be fantastic. The only thing im missing is a power supply which i guess isnt much if a deal.

i5-3570k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Asrock z77 extreme4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


G.Skill ripjaws Xseries 4x4GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


EVGA GTX 660 Ti 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Kingston HyperX 3K Sata III SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Creative Sound Blaster 5.1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Hyper 212+ CPU fan
Antec 900 case

Not sure if im missing anything

Mostly a gaming rig for Dota2 and minecraft and such.

Thanks for any responses and input



ditch the sound card if you don't have a 5.1 sound system or if you're not a massive audiophile. onboard sound will be more than enough with a headset.

you don't need so much ram for gaming. 2x4GB DDR3-1600 for $40-50 will be more than you need for gaming alone, if not too much.

power supply is a huge deal; grab a bad one, and you can possibly kiss your whole PC goodbye. 500-600W 80+ certified Bronze (at least), from Antec, Corsair, XFX or Seasonic if you don't plan to add another GPU to SLI. 600-700W if you do.
February 12, 2013 5:40:02 AM

Ill definately look at these lists but im not trying to go for a budget pc. I can spend a bit and i want this guy to last a while before i have to start adding more too it.

Memory is so cheap that 16 gigs is kind of a why not for me. Ill drop the sound card, wasnt sure on that to begin with.

however on my list if i should go a little cheaper in one are and higher in the next ill look at that but im pretty set on atleast the brands that i have. As far as sticking with a EVGA card and intel cpu but i guess in those parameters i can shift things around...

But like i said i am going to check out your lists to see what else is out there.
February 12, 2013 5:48:17 AM

Hmmm that case has me in a tight spot. I like some of the features but im not a fan of its looks...Its lacking a lot there. Thats why i like the 900 so much
February 12, 2013 6:13:40 AM

cutebeans said:
Hi. over the next few months, a lot of thing would have changed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($101.11 @ eCost)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150HG 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($14.95 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Green 530W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $663.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-11 20:52 EST-0500)

This build will already MAX Dota2 and Minecraft easily and it's cheaper too!









So where could i boost this build a bit. Like i said i would prefer a EVGA card if theres an equivalent and i could pump the pcu a bit also.
February 12, 2013 9:44:13 AM

you do notice that the only benefit of a evga card is warranty. everything else (temps, OC potential, price) is pretty bad

the R4 is much better than the 900
February 12, 2013 5:04:24 PM

Plus their upgrade system is nice if you ever want to get a new card
February 12, 2013 5:23:00 PM

Can i crossfire that HD7850? And would it be worth it?
February 12, 2013 6:50:15 PM

evga doesnt make amd cards.
February 12, 2013 7:15:54 PM

Yeah I know I'm asking about the card you posted on your list
February 12, 2013 7:22:40 PM

its a gtx 670. how can a nvidia card crossfire with a amd card
February 12, 2013 7:24:02 PM

So what is your budget... let's get to the bottom of this.
February 12, 2013 9:10:45 PM

TheBigTroll said:
its a gtx 670. how can a nvidia card crossfire with a amd card




I didn't ask if I could crossfire the vega with the amd pretty sure I asked if I could crossfire the hd 7850 as in two of them



I can spend in and around $1000ish ill be buying parts over time so my prices can he higher
February 12, 2013 9:13:20 PM

crossfire 7850s will perform better than a 7970 or a gtx 670 for sure, but then i wouldnt recommend it. if you were to ever upgrade the card, you end up having to replace 2 cards instead of one
February 12, 2013 9:42:12 PM

That's true but how long should that last me? 2 7850's for 300ish ain't bad and I they last 2 or 3 years that's no problem
February 12, 2013 9:48:33 PM

no one knows how long it will last. once crysis 3 hits, everything goes downhill
February 12, 2013 10:31:02 PM

Hi, don't get parts piece by piece. Buy it all in one go because if something is wrong with the part you'll have a hard time returning it since you can't check it right away.
February 12, 2013 11:05:46 PM

hmm good point there. Maybe i can part together the case and monitor and such and do one main haul on the mobo cpu gpu memory psu. Hard drives i could probably get ahead of time same with the cd drives
February 12, 2013 11:18:25 PM

Guess im just a little excited at the prospect of a new build. My laptop passed away recently so im shopping around getting ideas in my head haha
February 12, 2013 11:21:47 PM

Hi, no no no. Don't get the monitor first.

You also won't be able to check it.

Just buy it all together. :)  It's easier to return especially if you return it the next day because of the defects. :)  Of course, it's not common but it's not that uncommon as well.
February 12, 2013 11:24:10 PM

ram is probably a good choice on the list of things to buy first. they have been going up in prices in the last while
February 12, 2013 11:26:27 PM

I think it's a sign of DDR4 rams to come!

:) 
February 12, 2013 11:41:47 PM

so what can i get ahead of time to make the chunk price a bit lower when i end up getting everything else... im definately buying the case fist cause i may do some paint work on it. Im liking cutebeans build up above more and more but i can probably bump the price up to around 800ish so where can i upgrade on that build? the CPU?
February 12, 2013 11:53:07 PM

Hello, I really have to say that the games you listed will be maxed out easily by the 7850.

If you really want to get it to $800. Buy the 7870 XT. It will max most games out there.

Although if you spend most of your time playing MC and Dota2. I would jsut get the 7850 and save the $100+ on something else :) 
February 13, 2013 12:35:55 AM

Well those are my most plate but I also have bf3 and borderlands 2 and black opts an all that fun stuff those are just My main two probably
February 13, 2013 12:38:27 AM

I think the 7850 is where I'm gonna go but is there a step up on that CPU?

Best solution

February 13, 2013 12:42:06 AM
Share

Hi, there would be no sense in getting i5-3570k then getting a 7850.

You would be better off getting a better GPU than a CPU :) .

Get a 7870 XT. Remember, Gaming is always GPU>CPU.
February 13, 2013 9:38:37 AM

if you play borderlands 2, you have to get a nvidia GPU. the game looks completely different without nvidia rigging it
February 15, 2013 1:12:26 AM

Best answer selected by Fathomthis1.
!