Sign in with
Your question

Zotac Geforce 210 not getting detected

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 27, 2012 8:42:39 AM

Hello,
I purchased a new 210 card yesterday to replace my old 8400 GS card. My system config is as below
CPU E6300 core2duo
Motherboard Intel 946 express chipset D946GZIS
1.86 GHz,2 gb ddr2 RAM
OS Windows XP
Power supply 450W
Can you please tell me why this card is not getting detected while booting whereas my 8400gs works like a charm
The only reason for this swap was to be able to connect my PC to an HD TV

a b Î Nvidia
December 27, 2012 9:21:34 AM

vishnumallu said:
Hello,
I purchased a new 210 card yesterday to replace my old 8400 GS card. My system config is as below
CPU E6300 core2duo
Motherboard Intel 946 express chipset D946GZIS
1.86 GHz,2 gb ddr2 RAM
OS Windows XP
Power supply 450W
Can you please tell me why this card is not getting detected while booting whereas my 8400gs works like a charm
The only reason for this swap was to be able to connect my PC to an HD TV
check that gpu in others pc .if it doesn"t work then replace that card.

why you need that gt 210 card?that is bad for gaming
m
l
December 27, 2012 1:07:27 PM

ASHISH65 said:
check that gpu in others pc .if it doesn"t work then replace that card.

why you need that gt 210 card?that is bad for gaming

hi ashish, thanks for your reply..the main purpose of going in for this card was to stream hd video to my LG TV via a HDMI cable. I spoke to Zotac support - Aditya Infotech. They said I could get the card replaced as it is under warranty and if the new card also doesnt get detected then get my hardware examined.

Mine is a Hcl Beanstalk PC and on many forums I read that all branded PCs seem to be having this problem of not recognizing VGA cards. Wondering if they have locked it down somehow on the BIOS. I did go to the BIOS -> Advanced -> Video option to read PCI first instead of the default mode
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
December 27, 2012 1:24:44 PM

vishnumallu said:
hi ashish, thanks for your reply..the main purpose of going in for this card was to stream hd video to my LG TV via a HDMI cable. I spoke to Zotac support - Aditya Infotech. They said I could get the card replaced as it is under warranty and if the new card also doesnt get detected then get my hardware examined.

Mine is a Hcl Beanstalk PC and on many forums I read that all branded PCs seem to be having this problem of not recognizing VGA cards. Wondering if they have locked it down somehow on the BIOS. I did go to the BIOS -> Advanced -> Video option to read PCI first instead of the default mode

dude go to bios and set it to PCI E OE PEG
m
l
December 28, 2012 4:17:10 AM

Downloaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA site, installer says no compatible hardware found
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
December 28, 2012 8:01:32 AM

replace that card.i think its faulty card.

m
l
a b Î Nvidia
December 28, 2012 9:25:32 AM

screw nvidia. should have clicked on link. you may have learned something.

their are other drivers besides nvidia in the world.

also. chipset is so old it may not support that card or may not support the card without doing those updates.
m
l
December 29, 2012 1:52:11 PM

too many drivers on this page..since i am on XP i guess the vista and win 7 one's are not relevant for me..turns out the smart guy at the shop had fixed the vga cable upside down while attaching the low profile bracket
m
l
!