1150 complete new gaming build

omgitsthatguy

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Hey guys,
I'm hoping to build a computer in late April-early may and would like some advice or tips on a current build I've put together myself.

I have a budget of 1150 dollars
First-time builder
have a good enough knowledge of this sort of stuff
I have a 1080p monitor and a headset
I need a os, keyboard,mouse and mouse pad
will be used by family members for Web browsi upng/light gaming and I'll be the main user. I'll use it for moderate-heavy gaming, daily rendering, little editing, and minecraft server hosting as well as multi-tasking.
I will mainly play black ops 2 and minecraft as well having Skype and maybe team speak 3 open.
Would like everything to be bought off the same website maybe Amazon because of the free shipping

I am currently looking at: ( sorry no links am on phone )

Amd FX-8350
Gigabyte 990fx-UD3
8GB patriot Intel extreme master @1600mhz
Gigabyte 3-fan 7950
1tb Seagate barracuda 64mb cache
Rosewill Thor v2
win7 64-bit
Rosewill 550 or 650 80-plus bronze modular psu
Razer rycosa(the one with blue backlight) or deathstalker
perixx MX-2000

All on Amazon they are around 860 euros total 875 euros is my top-max budget but I don't know how much dollars that is. Thanks :)

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
repost when your ready to buy, price and performance is so different it changes almost everyday when it comes to computer parts. repost this about a week or so before you buy so you can make any last second changes that you need to but dont waste time as by the time you purchase there might have been a better deal or something

omgitsthatguy

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Thanks and will do, was thinking about waiting but I'm in Ireland and my cousin lives in America so I was gonna ask him to bring the parts over when he comes over on his holidays. And advice regarding the vat and customs tax upon entering Ireland or any advice on how to wrap up Tue parts for the airplanes ride?

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

i have no idea about any of that stuff, sorry. my dad is a pilot but he is not home right now hahaha so no i cant help you

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
As long as all of your products are in their respective packaging (i.e. boxes), you should be able to transport them just fine in a suitcase. The only thing I would have your cousin bring on his carry on would be the HDD. One thing you could do to make sure Baggage people don't steal any of your product: Have your cousin buy a race gun, the ones that you see people using to start the 100 meter dash for on foot races. You don't need a license to carry this, and you are allowed to pack it in with your check in baggage. Your cousin does have to state that he has it in his bag, which is the point, because he would also need a personal lock on the baggage that nobody would be able to open to "search" randomly during the transport from the check in to the plane's cargo bay. This ensures your cousin is the only one to open the bag pre and post flight. A nifty little trick I learned a while back when I needed to check in all of my camera gear.

omgitsthatguy

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

So I buy a race gun, throw it into the same suitcase as the computer parts then lock the case? And will all of the parts except the case fit in the same suitcase?