Sign in with
Your question

Advice please

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 12, 2013 12:24:16 AM

hi every1, ive just ordered my parts for my first build, but im unsure if i may have ordered wrongly - i read on some 1 elses post that he had ordered a wrong connector from motherboard to cpu.. now this is something that started me thinking,,, thinking A LOT!! if i link what ive ordered on this post any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Silverstone RL04B Red Line Black Mi 1 £35.98
500GB WD WD5000AAKX Caviar Blue, SA 1 £36.98
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V, Intel B75, S 1 1 £49.75
500W Corsair Builder Series CX CP-9 1 £38.50
1GB EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC, 28nm, PCIe 1 £103.65
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR3 XMS3, PC3- 1 £19.32
LG GH24NS95 24x DVD±R, 12xDVD±DL, D 1 £12.97
Intel Core i5 2320, S 1155, Sandy B 1 £117.12

sorry, dont know how to link as i said i would haha hope this explains just how poor i am at this stuff!! i've honestly only bought this to pplay dayz (should run the game ok, shouldnt it?) but also will pllay other games ike battlefield, i will not be recording, streaming or anything much else - suppose il burn the odd film or music cd and browse the web but that will be it! thanks again in advance for any info/help

More about : advice

February 12, 2013 12:33:20 AM

I don't see anything that looks incompatible. You will need an Operating System though.
February 12, 2013 12:37:21 AM

stickg1 said:
I don't see anything that looks incompatible. You will need an Operating System though.

HOLY BOLLOCKS !! i cannot believe i forgot that !! now im all spent out - i'm guessing it wont 'operate' without an 'operating system'? ... sometimes i baffle myself just how stupid my impatience makes me haha

is there any other way around NOT paying the £60-£70?? is it possible to share a friends windows 7?
Related resources
February 12, 2013 12:41:49 AM

Not legally. You can use the computer with a free OS like Linux Ubuntu, but I'm not sure about game compatibility. But at least you can use the PC until you can scrape together some coin for Windows.
February 12, 2013 12:44:27 AM

stickg1 said:
Not legally. You can use the computer with a free OS like Linux Ubuntu, but I'm not sure about game compatibility. But at least you can use the PC until you can scrape together some coin for Windows.

nice mate, cheers.. soooo, is there much chance of getting caught using an illegal windows 7 ?
February 12, 2013 12:47:17 AM

Not really something that can be discussed here. In fact someone would get themselves in trouble (on this forum) answering that question.
February 12, 2013 12:49:24 AM

stickg1 said:
Not really something that can be discussed here. In fact someone would get themselves in trouble (on this forum) answering that question.

understood, cheers for your help anyway bro, appreciate it, time to google i think haha p.s YNWA (hate west brom HAHA)
February 12, 2013 12:57:26 AM

stallionstu said:
understood, cheers for your help anyway bro, appreciate it, time to google i think haha p.s YNWA (hate west brom HAHA)

LOL!

Yeah google is good.
February 13, 2013 1:48:04 PM

hiya pal, im a bit lost and looking for help - had my setup and everything built it ok (i think) - but didnt know i needed a 'smaller' version of a HDMI lead from my graphics card to go into my regular size HDMI slot in my TV?? can you recommend 1 for me please please? 1 that will run my GTX 650 TI with ease (they might all be the same but i aint got a clue)... i used my mates RGB cable for now BUT no signal from the cable FFS
February 13, 2013 5:30:07 PM

stickg1 said:
LOL!

Yeah google is good.

hiya pal, im a bit lost and looking for help - had my setup and everything built it ok (i think) - but didnt know i needed a 'smaller' version of a HDMI lead from my graphics card to go into my regular size HDMI slot in my TV?? can you recommend 1 for me please please? 1 that will run my GTX 650 TI with ease (they might all be the same but i aint got a clue)... i used my mates RGB cable for now BUT no signal from the cable FFS
February 13, 2013 9:15:40 PM

stickg1 said:
Your GPU should have come with a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter. Check the box...

If not then you need something like this...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/icidu-hdmi-mini-hdmi-ada...
or
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1m-belkin-hdmi-cable-pur...(male)-to-mini-hdmi-(male)-black
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/18m-belkin-hdmi-cable-hd...(male)-to-mini-hdmi-(male)-black

HAHA i hope it didnt come with 1 - well i hope it did but will not be happy if its in there haha cheers bro - your top fella
May 16, 2013 3:06:09 AM

think I just screwed my link up? I uploaded the screenshot to twitter and then copied the URL and pasted it here (as I read to do on the internet) .. but its not working haha??
May 16, 2013 3:46:04 AM

Use website like Photobucket.com to upload your pictures.
May 16, 2013 3:51:08 AM

stickg1 said:
Use website like Photobucket.com to upload your pictures.

any idea what the problem might be mate? I will check that photobucket out this second - thanks! I just clicked the link and it shows the picture now though.. just wondering if you could give me some advice before I send it back and pay affair amount of money without knowing what the problem might be... they want me to send the graphics card back so they can test it - but if the problem isn't the graphics card they will still charge me just for testing it?? any help be appreciated
May 16, 2013 3:58:41 AM

I can't see the picture so I have no idea what you're talking about. It just says "Sorry you are unauthorized to see this status."
May 16, 2013 4:00:49 AM

stickg1 said:
I can't see the picture so I have no idea what you're talking about. It just says "Sorry you are unauthorized to see this status."

so I did screw it up HAHA my bad - ummm - I am currently uploading it to photobucket but for some reason its been at 0% uploaded for 11 minutes... hmmm
May 16, 2013 4:16:55 AM

Nope, doesn't work. Once you upload the photo, it gives you three links, Direct Link, Forum Link, Thumbnail link, copy and paste the Forum link in here.
May 16, 2013 4:18:55 AM

stickg1 said:
Nope, doesn't work. Once you upload the photo, it gives you three links, Direct Link, Forum Link, Thumbnail link, copy and paste the Forum link in here.

lets try this - thanks for explanation
May 16, 2013 6:55:55 AM

What drivers? Can you try the card in a friends machine?
May 16, 2013 6:58:54 AM

stickg1 said:

gtx 650ti - i cant get access to another machine im afraid
May 16, 2013 7:00:55 AM

stickg1 said:

when i uninstall the drivers - the artifacts go away and the machine runs asit should .. does this mean faulty graphics card? ... its not 3 months old yet.. surely it shouldn't have a fault already .. but then agin fault are 'supposed' to happen at any time i guess haha
May 16, 2013 7:41:54 AM

Return the GPU, it's faulty. It should not cost you a single penny. It's not your fault. If the shop wants money tell them to bug off and contact the manufacturer.
May 16, 2013 7:46:23 AM

stickg1 said:
Return the GPU, it's faulty. It should not cost you a single penny. It's not your fault. If the shop wants money tell them to bug off and contact the manufacturer.

nice mate - thanks once again - you should hear from me in the future when something else goes wrong haha appreciated - hanks mate
!