Sytem freezing/stuttering

Jgatewood

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013
Hello all, so i recently built my first computer and i thoght all was great until i started to try to play skyrim an dishonered. When i open up skyrim, and move the mouse at all, it starts stuttering really badly to the point i cant even get through the intro. On dishonered the game will just freeze during the intro. Any help wold be great!

System is:

APU: AMD A10-5800K

MOBO: Asrock FM2A85X Extreme6

GPU: EVGA GTX550 Ti

SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120G SSD

HDD: WD Caviar Green 500GB

ODD: Asus BP

RAM: 1866 gskill ripjaw x 16gb (2x8gb)

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
have you tried it with any other games? (i mean does this happen with all games) and does anything like this occur when doing other tasks on the computer? if its only for those two games and the rest of the computer performs as it should then validate the game files or uninstall and re install both the games.

it may not be a problem with your hardware, it may be the games themselves. also, now that im thinking about it, have you checked for any recent viruses, or has your computers performance slowed dramatically in any other way recently. you might have accidentally picked up some maleware or something

Jgatewood

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013

well, i just finished building this last night and only bought the two games, i installed them both without a hitch and havent been able to get past the intros. i did however get an antivirus but it has not detected anything

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

if its that new a computer than it might be the hardware.....why did you get an APU and also a GPU? the APU is a CPU and a GPU combined, perhaps you are using the wrong GPU or the game is confused about which one to use? im not sure im just guessing, sorry

Jgatewood

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2013

hah, dont be sorry, its fine

i know it probably isnt the most sound setup but its what i had avliable to me as the gtx550 was given to me for free by a friend and the A10 was sold to me at a discount, so i thought "why not". i know on skyrim at least that it is the gtx550ti that is being used based on what i saw in the options menu, which the 550 should def be able to handle skyrim

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

if they are selected correctly, then the only thing i have left to offer you is reinstall both games, sorry. or maybe there is something wrong with your monitor, but im assuming you would have mentioned if something has wrong with your monitor with other applications?