Minecraft Server build for $300-$400

Tags:
  • Build
  • Minecraft
  • Servers
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 12, 2013 1:09:47 AM

Hey guys, I wan't to start up a Minecraft server. I have already tried hosting and I don't want to pay every month, but instead make my own server. Would you guys mind recommending me a $300-$400 server build? I want to have at least 20 people on my server. I have 20MB upload speeds, so I believe that will be fine.

Currently I need:

Case: for $30-$50

RAM: (I have Geil 16 GB 1333mhz RAM, is this sufficient? The frequency, I mean)

CPU: Dual core, either AMD or Intel for $50-$100

PSU: 300-400 watt should be enough

Mobo: Any that will be compatible/reliable with the CPU

That should be all I need. Thanks guys!

More about : minecraft server build 300 400

February 12, 2013 5:20:36 AM

Austinwangg said:
Hey guys, I wan't to start up a Minecraft server. I have already tried hosting and I don't want to pay every month, but instead make my own server. Would you guys mind recommending me a $300-$400 server build? I want to have at least 20 people on my server. I have 20MB upload speeds, so I believe that will be fine.

Currently I need:

Case: for $30-$50

RAM: (I have Geil 16 GB 1333mhz RAM, is this sufficient? The frequency, I mean)

CPU: Dual core, either AMD or Intel for $50-$100

PSU: 300-400 watt should be enough

Mobo: Any that will be compatible/reliable with the CPU

That should be all I need. Thanks guys!

Hey there Austinwangg. I actually made a YouTube video that almost perfectly fits your specifications! The Case is perfect at your price point. The Ram is the perfect Frequency, but this Motherboard can only handle 8 GB. The CPU has 3 cores, and is about $60! The PSU is 430W and it is 80 Plus Bronze Certified.
Here is the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzwLSIs1M1k
I hope this helped you! If you liked my video be sure to rate, comment and subscribe. Thank you!
m
l
!