Intel i5 3570 CPU
Asus GTX 560 1GB
Asus Motherboard
Cosair 4GB RAM
Cooler Master PSU 80+ rated 550W
Windows 7, Directx 11
Nvidia Driver 310.70 (Latest)
Battlefield Settings = ULTRA but no AA @ 1920x1080 Full screen
GPU Temp = 65 c @ 55FPS | 38 c @ 25FPS (Using Dxtory I locked FPS)

I just recently started playing Battlefield 3. But whilst playing 10 ~ 15 minutes of time, the application crashes. I could see windows displaying "VRAM ran out of memory". I verified using nvidia inspector tool, and I could see that the game seem to crash after exceeding 1010MB. As per the game spec my configuration is more than sufficient to play this game(Recommended is 1GB only). Also I am getting good frames > 45 normally in ULTRA and also have found GPU load and temperature are within limits.

Any idea why particularly on BF3 this issue is hopping around?, as I dont seem to have such issues with other games like Dead Island, Just cause, Crysis 2, Saints Row 3, TDU2 etc

Thanks for your valuable time.
a b U Graphics card
December 27, 2012 12:54:30 PM

I'd lower the settings or get a new GPU with more VRAM.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 27, 2012 12:58:28 PM

your card can't handle ultra of bf3,
try to install msi afterburner, setup OSD so you can see vram consumption (among others)

i had a 560ti (now 670), and im on med-hi only and it uses around 900mb. when i was playing at High i had several graphic glitches so i opted for med-hi

so use afterburner to monitor your vram, use med-hi (also to achieve higher fps)
Related resources
December 29, 2012 2:56:43 PM

Cons29 said:
your card can't handle ultra of bf3,
try to install msi afterburner, setup OSD so you can see vram consumption (among others)

i had a 560ti (now 670), and im on med-hi only and it uses around 900mb. when i was playing at High i had several graphic glitches so i opted for med-hi

so use afterburner to monitor your vram, use med-hi (also to achieve higher fps)

Thanks, I did the same using nvidia inspector and found that after 10~15 minutes the memory reached beyond 1010MB and it crashes. Apart from memory issue and AA disabled, the game ran very well >35 FPS on average and it was smoother. Cant just believe that it sucks more than 1GB of RAM within a matter of few minutes.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 29, 2012 3:41:33 PM

Vram usage depends on the type of screens and movement more than time.
m
l
January 1, 2013 5:20:21 PM

Best answer selected by xtcx.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2013 5:43:27 PM

xtcx said:
Hi Friend, My PC spec is

Intel i5 3570 CPU
Asus GTX 560 1GB
Asus Motherboard
Cosair 4GB RAM
Cooler Master PSU 80+ rated 550W
Windows 7, Directx 11
Nvidia Driver 310.70 (Latest)
Battlefield Settings = ULTRA but no AA @ 1920x1080 Full screen
GPU Temp = 65 c @ 55FPS | 38 c @ 25FPS (Using Dxtory I locked FPS)

I just recently started playing Battlefield 3. But whilst playing 10 ~ 15 minutes of time, the application crashes. I could see windows displaying "VRAM ran out of memory". I verified using nvidia inspector tool, and I could see that the game seem to crash after exceeding 1010MB. As per the game spec my configuration is more than sufficient to play this game(Recommended is 1GB only). Also I am getting good frames > 45 normally in ULTRA and also have found GPU load and temperature are within limits.

Any idea why particularly on BF3 this issue is hopping around?, as I dont seem to have such issues with other games like Dead Island, Just cause, Crysis 2, Saints Row 3, TDU2 etc

Thanks for your valuable time.

I would most def go for a better video card
m
l
!