tcampbellaustin

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hello,
I thought there would be a simple answer to this question, but no such luck. I just want to know how fast you can switch an LCD screen of any size from all black to all clear (with any type of electronic swith. I want to build a strobe unit that acts like a shutter to receives light instead of flashing a light. I want to know what the limiting frequency it could operate up to. This question does not fit any of the catagories listed. so I just picked a bogus one. Thanks.

jemm

Distinguished
As far as I know 120MHz monitors are the higher you can get at the marketplace, tough there should be non commercial versions with even higher frequencies http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007617+600255030&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=20&description=&hisInDesc=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

tcampbellaustin

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I should have provided a better description of what I'm looking for to avoid confusion. I'm not looking for a monitor, but a clear LCD lens/window much like the ones used with 3-D TV/Theater glasses. These switch from clear to dark alternately to give the left/right perspective views that create the 3-D effect. Other than cannibalizing a pair of 3-D glasses for the lens and circuitry, I was hoping that the parts might be available from a supplier, along with hookup and maximum switching information. I want to vary the blink rate like an electronic shutter.