Is an upgrade from a 560 to a 660ti worth it or do i wait

trueh3llrazor

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hi Guys and girls.

Would it be worth upgrading form a 560 2gb to a 660ti 2gb "what would be noticable" or do i wait for amd 8xxx or nvidias 7xx, budget not really an issue unless wife finds out. but was really wondering if id notice a big difference for the year gap. dont help that im an impatient :pt1cable: . really want to max out all my games FC3/ BF3. PS2{cpu bound i know} and get good frame rates.

Cheers

Hi see link below in make your decision of the difference in performance versus
the price:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/543?vs=647

seems like a big jump in performance

And I won't 'rat you out"
' to your wife!

never meant to imply that at all, was merely drawing attention that trueh3 asked
a simple question; is it worth upgrading from a 560 to a 660ti.

A question I answered from an owners point of view and at no point suggested that the OP went the SLi or CF route so why then did you quote my response and then point out that the OP never said that they wanted to SLi or CF?

If I quoted your reply it was an accident, I don't remmeber doing that
& op was asking about 560 not 560ti

It was no accident so that's not going to wash and the difference between a 560 and 560Ti is not relevant in the implication that you made in that post so stop trying to wriggle out of the corner you posted yourself into.

Not trying to wriggle out of anything - if I quoted you it was an accident pure
and simple, unless you are counting 'replying to your posts' as quoting you,
but i see it as a reply not a direct quote. there is a performance diff (approx 10%)
between the two cards whether you deem it relavant or not.

My conscious is clear, I gave the op a simple and direct answer to his
question. He may choose your approach better & that's ok with me.

And I'm done debating it, you can declare yourself the "winner"

Accidental quoting? Yeah right, whatever you say. :pfff:

us11csalyer

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
Mousemonkey for being a MOD you sure are acting like a newbie.

OP. The upgrade is well worth it. The new gpu is a dream come true and can easily OC the mem clock to 6,800. Heck one gtx 660 runs assassins creed 3 on normal settings in 720p (1680x1050) just fine. Kepler is the stuff....

In short yes, two cards will always give more performance than one on its own. I'm not sure how that relates to your link though or exactly what it is you're asking.

At no point did I say or imply that it was an SLi question and as I find your tone rather insulting I think you may need a holiday.

this might be a bad time but..... I was looking at the cards.... 560's ( and ti's ) and 660's trying to figure out what made them different and what made them ( 660's ) more powerful than the 560's...........

only thing I could come up with is cuda cores. but something i noticed was shader clocks disappeared in the descriptions of the gtx600 series cards. any way to find what the shader count is on the 600 series? and how it corelate's into performance from one series of cards to the next.

something has to be making the 600 series beefier than the 500 series.

and do cuda cores double when you put 2 cards together or is it treated the same as them memory, as if it's non existent?

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I'm said buy a new 660Ti insert in x16 1st slot and 560 in x16 2nd slot.so sli.
Gpu set up look like this. 1x gpu=x16; 2x gpu=x16+x16=(x32); 3x gpu=x16+x8+x8=(x32); 4x gpu=x16+x8+x4+x4=(x32). so 2xgpu=4xgpu.
I'm said 2xGpu configuration is better than 1x gpu.

TRENDING THREADS