Nokia 9210 key pad problems

Hi all,

I encounter (a lot of) problems with my numeric key pad on my Nokia
9210 communicator; the 2-key has stopped functioning at all and the
availability of the ofter keys is sometimes ""shaky".
I already dismantled the phone a bit and tried to clean it, but to no
avail.
A - Does any one know how to dismantle a Nokia 9210 (where all the
crews are etc.)
B - what could be the problem; i think it might me loose contact, but
am not fully sure
C- Has any one ever encountered the same problem and what is/was the
solution.

I'm eager to hear solutions to my problems. It's hard (if not
impossible) to dial people that have a "2" in their phonenumber.

wijnand
1 answer Last reply
More about nokia 9210 problems

    Dismantle info here http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk/
    Click on Nokia DCT-L link. You need a special screwdriver (T6)
    available at most electronic shops. Do not use "allen keys". They will
    "screw" the "screws".
    Have you simply tried a new keypad???? The little plastic "pins" under your
    keypad can bend or wear down after excessive use.
    Good Luck

    <wijnand.wellink@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I encounter (a lot of) problems with my numeric key pad on my Nokia
    > 9210 communicator; the 2-key has stopped functioning at all and the
    > availability of the ofter keys is sometimes ""shaky".
    > I already dismantled the phone a bit and tried to clean it, but to no
    > avail.
    > A - Does any one know how to dismantle a Nokia 9210 (where all the
    > crews are etc.)
    > B - what could be the problem; i think it might me loose contact, but
    > am not fully sure
    > C- Has any one ever encountered the same problem and what is/was the
    > solution.
    >
    > I'm eager to hear solutions to my problems. It's hard (if not
    > impossible) to dial people that have a "2" in their phonenumber.
    >
    > wijnand

Nokia