Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Parts ae about to be ordered

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 12, 2013 8:31:50 AM

Well this is my third venture into the world of forum opinion I am pretty set on every choice I have made as well as those that were influenced by wonderful people like you!:)  so once again please feel free to look over specs and let me know what you think. This computer is going to be used for basic med school home work (Microsoft office and student , etc.) and gaming(BATTLEFIELD3, Crysis3, dust 514, starcraft2) battlefield mostly.....I have downgraded to a i5 3570k from a i7 3770k mainly because this is just for gaming homework movies music entertainment in general and the central device of the home. So here goes......


CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($127.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($56.29 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Plextor M5S Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ Microcenter)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($363.48 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 800W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($134.87 @ Mac Connection)

Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($56.23 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)

Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($41.99 @ Newegg)

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse ($50.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $1531.62

microcenter prices are not accurate as I do not live by a microcenter......thank you or your opinions

More about : parts ordered

February 12, 2013 8:37:52 AM

for the ram you dont need 1866, a 1600mhz will do just as well, so you can save maybe 10$ there

i would take WD hard drive over seagate but i know 2TB from WD is rather expensive

dont really need 800watts for your system, but aint a bad price 650-700 would do fine as well




another user posted this yesterday

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WE9WQY/ref=ox_sc_a...
m
0
l
February 12, 2013 8:53:24 AM

gussrtk said:
for the ram you dont need 1866, a 1600mhz will do just as well, so you can save maybe 10$ there

i would take WD hard drive over seagate but i know 2TB from WD is rather expensive

dont really need 800watts for your system, but aint a bad price 650-700 would do fine as well




another user posted this yesterday

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WE9WQY/ref=ox_sc_a...



Yea I think the reasoning behind the ram was im $1500 into it already for another 10 y not....lol WD was my first choice but Seagate was chosen mainly for price and from some newer reviews I am inclined to believe they are actually a great buy...as for the 800 watt I want to have plenty of power to put in another 670 later by plenty I mean plenty extra ha also the price range between 700 and 800 are ehhhh....when you look at the total cost of the machine it self if u know what I mean
m
0
l
Related resources
February 12, 2013 9:03:29 AM

ZombyEcks said:
Yea I think the reasoning behind the ram was im $1500 into it already for another 10 y not....lol WD was my first choice but Seagate was chosen mainly for price and from some newer reviews I am inclined to believe they are actually a great buy...as for the 800 watt I want to have plenty of power to put in another 670 later by plenty I mean plenty extra ha also the price range between 700 and 800 are ehhhh....when you look at the total cost of the machine it self if u know what I mean


i was reading another post, and a builder recommended G.skill ripjaws 1866mhz ram to go with gigabyte motherboards, he said it works very well with that ram


anyways looks like youve got a good set up going.
m
0
l
February 12, 2013 9:04:24 AM

I would be proud to own OP's build - looks pretty good.
-Bruce
m
0
l
February 12, 2013 5:24:59 PM

Quote:
Yea I think the reasoning behind the ram was im $1500 into it already for another 10 y not....lol WD was my first choice but Seagate was chosen mainly for price and from some newer reviews I am inclined to believe they are actually a great buy...as for the 800 watt I want to have plenty of power to put in another 670 later by plenty I mean plenty extra ha also the price range between 700 and 800 are ehhhh....when you look at the total cost of the machine it self if u know what I mean


RAM is not the place to spend excessively on a build. A strong 750W PSU will last you a lot longer than anything else you could buy.

For that price I think I would get a better power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You could also get the Gigabyte Windforce 3X instead of the MSI Twin FROZR: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Otherwise everything else looks good.
m
0
l
February 13, 2013 1:18:34 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Quote:
Yea I think the reasoning behind the ram was im $1500 into it already for another 10 y not....lol WD was my first choice but Seagate was chosen mainly for price and from some newer reviews I am inclined to believe they are actually a great buy...as for the 800 watt I want to have plenty of power to put in another 670 later by plenty I mean plenty extra ha also the price range between 700 and 800 are ehhhh....when you look at the total cost of the machine it self if u know what I mean


RAM is not the place to spend excessively on a build. A strong 750W PSU will last you a lot longer than anything else you could buy.

For that price I think I would get a better power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You could also get the Gigabyte Windforce 3X instead of the MSI Twin FROZR: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Otherwise everything else looks good.




Thanks for the advice , I would much rather stick with corsair 800w ......and I really don't think that 50 bux for 8GB ram is "excessively" spending well that's how it is where I from its a decent deal as for the Gygabyte windforce 3x it has crossed my mind but I honestly think the 670 is just right for price and performance. not to mention can always be OC. thanx again tho icant wait to start
m
0
l
February 13, 2013 3:55:39 PM

ZombyEcks said:
Thanks for the advice , I would much rather stick with corsair 800w ......and I really don't think that 50 bux for 8GB ram is "excessively" spending well that's how it is where I from its a decent deal as for the Gygabyte windforce 3x it has crossed my mind but I honestly think the 670 is just right for price and performance. not to mention can always be OC. thanx again tho icant wait to start


Yeah $50 for 8GB RAM seems about right but you don't want to spend more than that on a build.
m
0
l
!