Questions about new build and USB ports

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
1) which motherboard has 2 usb 3.0 support?? cause the case i'm gonna get will be bitfenix shinobi XL which has 4 usb 3.0 on top,so i need 2 usb 3.0 plug on the board,cause they're using the usb header to motherboard for front usb

2) If I get AMD CPU, will it work well with nvidia cards?? cause i've been using amd card for quite long, maybe 5-6 years, and I wanna switch to gtx 670 which is same price as 7970, i'm getting amd cpu since it's cheaper a lot compared to intel

3) Is A990FX the latest chipset for AMD? like for intel it's z77

4) Will I be able to get maximum bandwidth for both my GPU if i'm using dual gtx 670 inside ?? cause on AMD board,there's no PCIe 3.0 ,even sabertooth has only PCIe 2.0 x16

5) Why do all AMD mobo have more SATA 3 6Gbps port than Intel??

1. Far as I know, no motherboard has two internal USB3 headers. You might have to make use of a PCI-USB3 adapter to take advantage of the extra ports.

2. Yes, AMD and Nvidia do work.

3. Its not the latest, its just the top tier in AMD's recent current chipset lineup.

4. PCI-2 8x is more than enough for even the most powerful of cards, PCI-3 is largely just a futureproofing measure to pave the way for PCI based storage solutions.

5. Dont know TBH, I guess AMD just requires more in their motherboard specs while Intel requires there be at least one on the board.

Read the motherboard specs to see if it has an internal USB3 header

nVidia cards work fine in AMD motherboards .990 chipsets can even SLI

you will be fine with the pci-e bandwidth if you are using a 990 FX chipset . Youd have x16/x16 which is the same as the pci-e 3.0 x8/x8 set up on a an intel ivy bridge motherboard

Intel were too cheap to rework their chipset for more SAT 6 Gbs