Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PC Upgrade, will this be good?

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 12, 2013 2:32:31 PM

Hey, so i will upgrade my PC from an old lga775 core 2 duo to a new generation PC and this is what im thinking to buy:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE H61M-DS2 INTEL H61 SK1155

PSU: Corsair VS-450W 12cm

CPU: Intel Pentium G2020 2.9GHz 3MB Box

RAM: Corsair XMS3 4096MB DDR3 1333Mhz CAS9

VGA: Asus GTX 650 DCT

HDD: My old 232GB sata-2 hard drive (will be upgraded later)


I cant afford to waste much money so that was the best i could choose.

Will this be running good and i will be able to play the newest games? :x

Thank you

More about : upgrade good

February 12, 2013 2:36:23 PM

You should be able to play new games at low/medium settings. You need a b75 motherboard, not h61.
February 12, 2013 2:36:43 PM

good budget build :) 

let see if we can improve it further. how much is ur budget? from US/canada?
Related resources
February 12, 2013 2:45:54 PM

tiny voices said:
You should be able to play new games at low/medium settings. You need a b75 motherboard, not h61.



With my old lga775 PC i cant play any of the new games so i would be very happy to play the newest games at least in medium quality :D 

The b75 will cost me more 15 euros witch i dont have, but what would be the diference?
February 12, 2013 2:49:18 PM

The CPU you listed won't work without a bios update on an h61 board. You would NEED another sandy bridge CPU to update the bios and then put the g2020 in after. So basically, you HAVE to get a b75 board.
February 12, 2013 2:49:39 PM

AMD Radeon said:
good budget build :) 

let see if we can improve it further. how much is ur budget? from US/canada?



I already have the Graphic card and the HDD, the rest will cost me around 160 euros, in portugal :kaola: 

I dont have much money to spend, i was aiming for a pc that would be cheap and allow me to play the newest games at least in medium quality...

But any help/advices will be apreciated :) 
February 12, 2013 2:50:41 PM

A gtx650 will get you low/medium settings in the newest games.
February 12, 2013 2:51:02 PM

tiny voices said:
The CPU you listed won't work without a bios update on an h61 board. You would NEED another sandy bridge CPU to update the bios and then put the g2020 in after. So basically, you HAVE to get a b75 board.



This motherboard is Ivy bridge ready look here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
February 12, 2013 2:57:39 PM

It will only support them with a Bios update, which you need a sandy bridge CPU to do.
February 12, 2013 3:00:49 PM

tiny voices said:
It will only support them with a Bios update, which you need a sandy bridge CPU to do.


Hum ok i will investigate more that situation, thank you for the warning ;) 
February 12, 2013 3:04:09 PM

Any h61 board will need a bios update in order to use a sandy bridge CPU. That's just how it works.
February 12, 2013 3:09:09 PM

tiny voices said:
Any h61 board will need a bios update in order to use a sandy bridge CPU. That's just how it works.

Ivy Bridge*
February 12, 2013 3:10:56 PM

tiny voices said:
Any h61 board will need a bios update in order to use a sandy bridge CPU. That's just how it works.


So if i have to buy a sandy bridge CPU witch one should i buy?
February 12, 2013 3:11:37 PM

Thanks! doing calc 3 homework and trying to keep up with tom's isn't always the best idea.
February 12, 2013 3:12:17 PM

Don't get a sandy bridge CPU just get a b75 motherboard. What is your budget for CPU/motherboard and where are you buying from?
February 12, 2013 3:25:11 PM

Just get the b75 motherboard. Its a generation newer and will last longer.
February 12, 2013 3:27:14 PM

tiny voices said:
Just get the b75 motherboard. Its a generation newer and will last longer.



Ok, thank you :) 
!