New PC won't lert me play some Youtube videos in 1080p?

Sirius_87

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hey.

I just bought a new PC. It's an HP ENVY h8-1409, so it comes with an AMD Radeon HD 7570 integrated graphics card. On Windows 8.

Here's the deal. There's a specific trailer on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4) that won't let me play the video over 360p with that computer. In settings under the video, I only have one option: 360p. (But, strangely, it lets me choose the "speed", something I had never seen before).

However, on my 5 years old laptop running under Vista, I CAN select 1080p. I also tried on an iPad, no problem.

I thought: it's either the computer or the monitor!

So I tried that same monitor on yet another computer, and no problem! 1080p available.
I tried ANOTHER monitor on the new PC and, lo and behold, only 360p available.

What the hell? Is the problem the Graphics Card??? Anyone can shed light onto this problem? (Some other youtube videos let me choose 1080p on the new pc)
But I also noticed most videos don't look too nice. I think I'm going to go get a refund on this PC.

Sirius_87

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Yeah, actually the problem are browsers that are not IE in Windows 8.

I've looked around, lots of people report trouble loading pages with browsers that are not IE in Win8.

doji97

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012

See the thing is that some youtube videos don't support higher than 420p because the camera or site that you got or made the video on it depends:D:bounce: