Sign in with
Your question

How do i know if my Updates are current in Windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 7
March 12, 2012 12:51:07 PM

Hello All:

I had done a large number of System Restores recently, then a complete re-installation of Windows 7 via the Toshiba software partitioned in my laptop. I had updates waiting to be installed before that and I'm also worried whether the ones previously installed were picked up automatically. Now I'm not sure how to proceed.

I just did some reading and found out how important the updates are security-wise. Previously I had thought they they were more or less optional.
Heck of a learning curve!

Any help regarding finding and installing the updates would be greatly appreciated (simple language please) - Thanks to All

ViVienne
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2012 11:02:40 PM

ViVienneV said:
Hello All:

I had done a large number of System Restores recently, then a complete re-installation of Windows 7 via the Toshiba software partitioned in my laptop. I had updates waiting to be installed before that and I'm also worried whether the ones previously installed were picked up automatically. Now I'm not sure how to proceed.

I just did some reading and found out how important the updates are security-wise. Previously I had thought they they were more or less optional.
Heck of a learning curve!

Any help regarding finding and installing the updates would be greatly appreciated (simple language please) - Thanks to All

ViVienne

Download & run "Secunia PSI" - Psi means Personal Software Inspector.
It will scan your computer & give you links to click on for new upates.
I don't work for them, just use it....
http://secunia.com/
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2012 11:38:14 PM

If you reinstalled Windows 7 then all off the updates will have to be downloaded again, it does not remember any updates before the reinstall. I would not worry about the updates as the update program is very smart and I have never known it to make a mistake regardless of how many restores or uninstalls of the updates I have done.
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2012 11:53:58 PM

^ This.

In Windows 7 you can also just go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update if you are worried about it. Or in Internet Explorer go to Tools > Windows Update.
!