Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My complete build(any final suggestions?)

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 12, 2013 4:36:50 PM

so here it is:


the thing that's gonna be changed is probably the case. The prices are in € cause I'm from Europe.
February 12, 2013 5:13:35 PM

The Sabertooth is not the best motherboard on the market. That thermal armor actually traps more heat than it prevents.

I'd also suggest a different cooler like the Noctua U9B. What store are you buying from? That will help to suggest parts.
February 12, 2013 5:36:31 PM

g-unit1111 said:
The Sabertooth is not the best motherboard on the market. That thermal armor actually traps more heat than it prevents.

I'd also suggest a different cooler like the Noctua U9B. What store are you buying from? That will help to suggest parts.

I'm buying from hoh.de.
I saw a few good reviews on the havik and it seems really good. I have no idea about motherboards though.
Related resources
February 12, 2013 6:19:44 PM

Gapi182 said:
I'm buying from hoh.de.
I saw a few good reviews on the havik and it seems really good. I have no idea about motherboards though.


Here's a couple of suggestions that are 100 € cheaper than the Sabertooth with no worries about heat issue:

- Asrock Z77 Extreme 4: http://www.hoh.de/hardware/mainboards/intel/sockel-1155...
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H: http://www.hoh.de/hardware/mainboards/intel/sockel-1155...

If you want a different case suggestion I'd go with the Fractal Design Define R4: http://www.hoh.de/hardware/gehaeuse/computergehaeuse/na...
February 12, 2013 6:38:19 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Here's a couple of suggestions that are 100 € cheaper than the Sabertooth with no worries about heat issue:

- Asrock Z77 Extreme 4: http://www.hoh.de/hardware/mainboards/intel/sockel-1155...
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H: http://www.hoh.de/hardware/mainboards/intel/sockel-1155...

If you want a different case suggestion I'd go with the Fractal Design Define R4: http://www.hoh.de/hardware/gehaeuse/computergehaeuse/na...

the thing is it's in my budget range and it seems to be good for overclocking. Also I need SLI support for an upcoming 2nd 7970. I simply want to get the most out of my 3570k.
February 12, 2013 8:13:06 PM

Gapi182 said:
the thing is it's in my budget range and it seems to be good for overclocking. Also I need SLI support for an upcoming 2nd 7970. I simply want to get the most out of my 3570k.


Yeah both boards I linked to will support SLI.
February 12, 2013 8:17:32 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Yeah both boards I linked to will support SLI.

but are they better at overclocking?
February 12, 2013 10:28:23 PM

Gapi182 said:
but are they better at overclocking?


They all overclock about the same. Really anything over 4.6GHz will require voltage changes to work right and that will result in one or many warranties being voided.
February 12, 2013 10:52:02 PM

But but the sabertooth is more expensive therefore it must overclock to 6GHZ with no problems!!
February 13, 2013 1:07:41 AM

g-unit1111 said:
They all overclock about the same. Really anything over 4.6GHz will require voltage changes to work right and that will result in one or many warranties being voided.

So it's mostly down to how good the cpu i'll get will overclock. Let's hope I'm lucky. I'll probably just go for the extreme6.
February 15, 2013 12:25:06 AM

Okay so this is probably gonna be it. Went for the noctua in the end and a fully modular PSU and the sexiest case I've ever seen. Also didn't go for the sabertooth cause I don't think it's worth it. If you don't like it, your opinion is wrong sry :p (just joking :D )

February 15, 2013 3:21:57 AM

Gapi182 said:
Okay so this is probably gonna be it. Went for the noctua in the end and a fully modular PSU and the sexiest case I've ever seen. Also didn't go for the sabertooth cause I don't think it's worth it. If you don't like it, your opinion is wrong sry :p (just joking :D )
]http://shrani.si/t/1r/th/4OsW00Fn/my-final-rig.jpg


Looks good to me!
!