Sign in with
Your question

New PC Build BSOD Bug Check code 109

Last response: in Windows 7
March 12, 2012 1:04:24 PM

Hello, I'd like to first of all say thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

I built this PC in February. From day one I have been getting random blue screen errors, with many different bug check and error codes. Bug check 109 seems to be the one I have seen the most. I have ran memtest on my RAM sticks, one came back clean after 8 passes, the other had errors. So I re-installed Windows with only the good RAM stick, and am still getting blue screen crashes. They are, however less frequent. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the manufactures for all hardware components.

I haven't run into this much trouble setting up any of the other PCs I have built, so I am a bit lost trying to figure this out. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the minidump files that have been generated since my last Windows install.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9673676/Minidump.zip

This is all the hardware in my system:

GIGABYTE GA-A75-UD4H socket FM1 motherboard
AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU
Corsair Vengeance Blu 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB
LITE-ON DVD Burner - iHAS124-04
TP-Link TL-WN951N 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter
SIGMA Power Engine SP-535 535W ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply

March 12, 2012 1:36:37 PM

The 3 minidumps are attributed to memory corruption but what bios version are you on? You may either need to update your bios or RMA the faulty RAM. Here is a link to the latest bios but be careful. I only suggest this if your bios if F5 or lower. IE F6's Modify memory compatibility should be enough. Due to the instability of your system I suggest only attempting this from within bios. A windows bios update could brick your motherboard if your system crashes.

Also note that any speed above 2133 the memory is only supported 1 stick per channel.
March 12, 2012 1:47:58 PM

I am running the F7 Bios. I updated from the stock bios when I first started having the random crashes. I had planned on getting an RMA on the RAM, but wanted to see if anyone had any input on other underlying issues.

Related resources
March 12, 2012 1:52:36 PM

jp219 said:
I am running the F7 Bios. I updated from the stock bios when I first started having the random crashes. I had planned on getting an RMA on the RAM, but wanted to see if anyone had any input on other underlying issues.

Only other underlying issue I know of is the overclock RAM speed limit for dual channel of 2133. Noted from your motheroboards memory support list.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
March 12, 2012 3:40:21 PM

Thanks! I don't plan on overclocking my RAM that much, so I don't foresee any problems there. I'll RMA the RAM and post back if that corrects the problem.
!