Hello...I am totally puzzled. The games that got installed when I installed
Windows xp are gone.
Ie: Playing the Windows gamesWindows provides several games on the Start
menu. You can add others using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

FreeCell
Hearts
Minesweeper
Solitaire
Space Cadet 3D Pinball
Spider Solitaire

I have no idea what happened or where they went. I was able to re- download
the MSN ones ( Playing Internet Zone games) but as I said I haveno idea what
happened to the others. Is there a way I can re-install them?
I have had problems with my verizon internet connection and had to re set my
modem 3 times in the ;ast 2 months but that is the only problem I have had.
Any help will be extrememly appreciated

Thank you,
poobear

Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check marks
from any of the listed games.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"poobear8691" <poobear8691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello...I am totally puzzled. The games that got installed when I
> installed
> Windows xp are gone.
> Ie: Playing the Windows gamesWindows provides several games on the Start
> menu. You can add others using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
>
> FreeCell
> Hearts
> Minesweeper
> Solitaire
> Space Cadet 3D Pinball
> Spider Solitaire
>
> I have no idea what happened or where they went. I was able to re-
> download
> the MSN ones ( Playing Internet Zone games) but as I said I haveno idea
> what
> happened to the others. Is there a way I can re-install them?
> I have had problems with my verizon internet connection and had to re set
> my
> modem 3 times in the ;ast 2 months but that is the only problem I have
> had.
> Any help will be extrememly appreciated
>
> Thank you,
> poobear

Hiya Chris-
Thanks so much for the step by step directions!! It worked but it took me
several attempts. I had to do each one individually but I got them re-
downloaded.
I appreciate the quick response to my dilemma :)
Many thanks
Poobear

"Chris H." wrote:

> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check marks
> from any of the listed games.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Associate Expert
>

> "poobear8691" <poobear8691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello...I am totally puzzled. The games that got installed when I
> > installed
> > Windows xp are gone.
> > Ie: Playing the Windows gamesWindows provides several games on the Start
> > menu. You can add others using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
> >
> > FreeCell
> > Hearts
> > Minesweeper
> > Solitaire
> > Space Cadet 3D Pinball
> > Spider Solitaire
> >
> > I have no idea what happened or where they went. I was able to re-
> > download
> > the MSN ones ( Playing Internet Zone games) but as I said I haveno idea
> > what
> > happened to the others. Is there a way I can re-install them?
> > I have had problems with my verizon internet connection and had to re set
> > my
> > modem 3 times in the ;ast 2 months but that is the only problem I have
> > had.
> > Any help will be extrememly appreciated
> >
> > Thank you,
> > poobear

Poobear, they're on your computer not a download from somewhere. They still
existed, but had been removed from the list, therefore not available to you.
You'll doing well, and we (Jimmy, Paul and I) like to help people. Drop
back again, even if you don't have a question. If you've got an answer, you
can help someone else, too.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

> Hiya Chris-
> Thanks so much for the step by step directions!! It worked but it took me
> several attempts. I had to do each one individually but I got them re-
> downloaded.
> I appreciate the quick response to my dilemma :)
> Many thanks
> Poobear
>
> "Chris H." wrote:
>
>> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
>> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
>> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
>> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
>> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check
>> marks
>> from any of the listed games.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "poobear8691" <poobear8691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello...I am totally puzzled. The games that got installed when I
>> > installed
>> > Windows xp are gone.
>> > Ie: Playing the Windows gamesWindows provides several games on the
>> > Start
>> > menu. You can add others using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
>> >
>> > FreeCell
>> > Hearts
>> > Minesweeper
>> > Solitaire
>> > Space Cadet 3D Pinball
>> > Spider Solitaire
>> >
>> > I have no idea what happened or where they went. I was able to re-
>> > download
>> > the MSN ones ( Playing Internet Zone games) but as I said I haveno idea
>> > what
>> > happened to the others. Is there a way I can re-install them?
>> > I have had problems with my verizon internet connection and had to re
>> > set
>> > my
>> > modem 3 times in the ;ast 2 months but that is the only problem I have
>> > had.
>> > Any help will be extrememly appreciated
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > poobear

Hi Poobear,

To add/remove Windows XP Games:

Click START / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs / Add Remove Windows Components /
Accessories and Utilities / [Details...] / Games / [Details...] / pick your games / Click [OK] 3 times.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"poobear8691" <poobear8691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2979B8-8E16-46CB-ABE8-76D36F0C27DB@microsoft.com...
| Hello...I am totally puzzled. The games that got installed when I installed
| Windows xp are gone.
| Ie: Playing the Windows gamesWindows provides several games on the Start
| menu. You can add others using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
|
| FreeCell
| Hearts
| Minesweeper
| Solitaire
| Space Cadet 3D Pinball
| Spider Solitaire
|
| I have no idea what happened or where they went. I was able to re- download
| the MSN ones ( Playing Internet Zone games) but as I said I haveno idea what
| happened to the others. Is there a way I can re-install them?
| I have had problems with my verizon internet connection and had to re set my
| modem 3 times in the ;ast 2 months but that is the only problem I have had.
| Any help will be extrememly appreciated
|
| Thank you,
| poobear

Hiya Jimmy :~)
Thank you so much for your help. Both you and Chris were able to help me
step by step. I appreciate that especially when I am not that computer
literate. :)
Animations and graphics are my thing lol
thanks again...
Poobear

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Poobear,
>
> To add/remove Windows XP Games:
>
> Click START / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs / Add Remove Windows Components /
> Accessories and Utilities / [Details...] / Games / [Details...] / pick your games / Click [OK] 3 times.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "poobear8691" <poobear8691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2979B8-8E16-46CB-ABE8-76D36F0C27DB@microsoft.com...
> | Hello...I am totally puzzled. The games that got installed when I installed
> | Windows xp are gone.
> | Ie: Playing the Windows gamesWindows provides several games on the Start
> | menu. You can add others using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
> |
> | FreeCell
> | Hearts
> | Minesweeper
> | Solitaire
> | Space Cadet 3D Pinball
> | Spider Solitaire
> |
> | I have no idea what happened or where they went. I was able to re- download
> | the MSN ones ( Playing Internet Zone games) but as I said I haveno idea what
> | happened to the others. Is there a way I can re-install them?
> | I have had problems with my verizon internet connection and had to re set my
> | modem 3 times in the ;ast 2 months but that is the only problem I have had.
> | Any help will be extrememly appreciated
> |
> | Thank you,
> | poobear

You're welcome, however I apologise for posting over
Chris. The newserver I was using was a little behind. :-s

Cheers,
Jimmy.

"poobear8691" <poobear8691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29CCE95-2CF3-44C1-80D3-EC6F529B9196@microsoft.com...
> Hiya Jimmy :~)
> Thank you so much for your help. Both you and Chris were able to help me
> step by step. I appreciate that especially when I am not that computer
> literate. :)
> Animations and graphics are my thing lol
> thanks again...
> Poobear
>

> "Jimmy S." wrote:
>
>> Hi Poobear,
>>
>> To add/remove Windows XP Games:
>>
>> Click START / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs / Add Remove Windows Components /
>> Accessories and Utilities / [Details...] / Games / [Details...] / pick your games / Click [OK] 3 times.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
>> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
>>
>> "poobear8691" <poobear8691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2979B8-8E16-46CB-ABE8-76D36F0C27DB@microsoft.com...
>> | Hello...I am totally puzzled. The games that got installed when I installed
>> | Windows xp are gone.
>> | Ie: Playing the Windows gamesWindows provides several games on the Start
>> | menu. You can add others using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
>> |
>> | FreeCell
>> | Hearts
>> | Minesweeper
>> | Solitaire
>> | Space Cadet 3D Pinball
>> | Spider Solitaire
>> |
>> | I have no idea what happened or where they went. I was able to re- download
>> | the MSN ones ( Playing Internet Zone games) but as I said I haveno idea what
>> | happened to the others. Is there a way I can re-install them?
>> | I have had problems with my verizon internet connection and had to re set my
>> | modem 3 times in the ;ast 2 months but that is the only problem I have had.
>> | Any help will be extrememly appreciated
>> |
>> | Thank you,
>> | poobear

About 60 seconds, and could have been three seconds. :cool: No big deal, at
least would got poobear on the road again.

"Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
> You're welcome, however I apologise for posting over
> Chris. The newserver I was using was a little behind. :-s
>
> Cheers,
> Jimmy.

Guys,

I understand how this is done.
However I have another issue.They are not there.
I am running a tweaked version of XP called Nemesis and the games
weren't installed in the original set up. So my question is, how can I
put them back in without reinstalling the whole OS?

Attached file is screen shot.

Cheers

JustGeoff

Chris H. wrote:
> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the
> Add/Remove
> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click
> the
> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check
> marks
> from any of the listed games.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Associate Expert

| Attachment filename: nogames.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.mcse.ms/attachment.php?postid=5271550 |

Like Jimmy said, you're in area which we don't have access to, nor do we
want to. If you've "tweaked" Windows XP, then you're on you own. There's
no telling what has been done to the operating system as it is supported in
this newsgroup. Ask for support from the "Nemesis" folks.
--

"justgeoff" <justgeoff.1ut5c3@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

> Guys,
>
> I understand how this is done.
> However I have another issue.They are not there.
> I am running a tweaked version of XP called Nemesis and the games
> weren't installed in the original set up. So my question is, how can I
> put them back in without reinstalling the whole OS?
>
> Attached file is screen shot.
>
> Cheers
>
> JustGeoff
>
> Chris H. wrote:
>> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the
>> Add/Remove
>> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
>> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
>> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click
>> the
>> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check
>> marks
>> from any of the listed games.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> Associate Expert
>

> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Attachment filename: nogames.jpg |
> |Download attachment: http://www.mcse.ms/attachment.php?postid=5271550 |

Hi Geoff,

The forums you're posting to are just piggybacking on the Microsoft
Public Newsgroups where most of us are responding from. I do not
we would need an account at those forums to see your attachment. :(

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"justgeoff" <justgeoff.1ut5c3@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message news:justgeoff.1ut5c3@mail.mcse.ms...

| Guys,
|
| I understand how this is done.
| However I have another issue.They are not there.
| I am running a tweaked version of XP called Nemesis and the games
| weren't installed in the original set up. So my question is, how can I
| put them back in without reinstalling the whole OS?
|
| Attached file is screen shot.
|
| Cheers
|
| JustGeoff
|
| Chris H. wrote:
| > Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the
| > Add/Remove
| > Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
| > highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
| > left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click
| > the
| > Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check
| > marks
| > from any of the listed games.
| > --
| > Chris H.
| > Microsoft Windows MVP
| > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
| > Associate Expert
| > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
|

| +----------------------------------------------------------------+
| | Attachment filename: nogames.jpg |
| |Download attachment: http://www.mcse.ms/attachment.php?postid=5271550 |

Nevermind Guys after hours of searching I found a site...
http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/xpgames.htm

Damn worked a treat!
Although did have to edit my sysoc.inf a little...
I have included mine below for anyone with Nemisis Install
who wants to install the standard games on xp.

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.0

[Components]
NtComponents=ntoc.dll,NtOcSetupProc,,4
WBEM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wbemoc.inf,hide,7
Display=desk.cpl,DisplayOcSetupProc,,7
Fax=fxsocm.dll,FaxOcmSetupProc,fxsocm.inf,,6
NetOC=netoc.dll,NetOcSetupProc,netoc.inf,,7
com=comsetup.dll,OcEntry,comnt5.inf,hide,7
dtc=msdtcstp.dll,OcEntry,dtcnt5.inf,hide,7
IndexSrv_System = setupqry.dll,IndexSrv,setupqry.inf,,7
TerminalServer=TsOc.dll, HydraOc, TsOc.inf,,2
msmq=msmqocm.dll,MsmqOcm,msmqocm.inf,,6
AutoUpdate=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,au.inf,hide,7
RootAutoUpdate=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,rootau.inf,,7
IEAccess=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,ieaccess.inf,hide,7
OEAccess=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,oeaccess.inf,hide,7

Games=ocgen2.dll,OcEntry,games.inf,,7
MultiM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,multimed.inf,HIDE,7
AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,,7
Pinball=ocgen2.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,,7
MSWordPad=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wordpad.inf,,7
ZoneGames=zoneoc.dll,ZoneSetupProc,igames.inf,,7

[Global]
WindowTitle=%WindowTitle%
WindowTitle.StandAlone="*"

--