Games that need compatibility mode

April 13, 2005 5:04:00 AM

Does anyone know of a game or any software for that matter (freeware please,
or demoware, or budgetware if its good) that 1) refuses to work on Windows
XP without compatibility mode being used, and 2) one that refuses to work
unless installed with compatibility mode.

Need a new video on compatibility mode, but I can't find any of this phantom
software!!!

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

April 13, 2005 5:04:01 AM

Not sure if I'm understanding the question right....

My NT Game Compatibility list:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=465

has a list of Games that require compatibility mode. The list is an
excel .xls in a self-extracting 7-zip.

Don't really know of any non-game software that requires compatibility
mode off-hand...usually they are less strict than games at requiring
specific OS's to install/operate.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 5:31:46 AM

"DosFreak" <d0sfreak@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if I'm understanding the question right....
>
> My NT Game Compatibility list:
> http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=465
>
> has a list of Games that require compatibility mode. The list is an
> excel .xls in a self-extracting 7-zip.
>
> Don't really know of any non-game software that requires compatibility
> mode off-hand...usually they are less strict than games at requiring
> specific OS's to install/operate.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

--
Paul Smith,