Cooler Master HAF 912 Mod "caelum nocte"

Few Oranges

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hey guys went to clean the fan filters on my case today and just remembered i never uploaded the small novel of pictures I had taken while i did some slightly "interesting" things to my case. let me know what you think

Few Oranges

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

ill be back tomorrow with more pictures to upload.

As a rough idea of all that got painted

1.) Case obviously
2.) all the backplates to my cards including my graphics card
3.) Graphics card shroud (this was interesting to me, i havent seen too many people do this
4.) some thumbscrews and such that i wanted to include in the build

Few Oranges

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
IMAG0452_zpscf96dc6c.jpg

IMAG0453_zps84081b4a.jpg

this^^is the amount of thermal paste that came on the card, a little much i think? my idle temps are now between 21 and 26C

IMAG0454_zps662b7af8.jpg

IMAG0455_zps8321ba80.jpg

IMAG0456_zps1bb3bdca.jpg

IMAG0457_zpsecb270db.jpg

IMAG0460_zpsaa24a1da.jpg

IMAG0461_zps65b33b21.jpg

IMAG0462_zpsfbf0d3a6.jpg

IMAG0464_zpsd3192377.jpg

Few Oranges

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
new respect for all the guys that upload pictures on here, that can be a tedious project in itself. Here is the list of things i have done

-hinged side panel including painted hinges
-painted interior and included components
-custom window with special gloss u channel mold and fan with matching honeycomb
-casters (i have wood floors and roll my rig around a bit)
-unique cable sleeve made from plastic hosing that reflects LEDs well
-2 Antec advance lED strips
-painted GPU shroud
-painted all back plates
-custom thumbscrews and m36/2 screws
-3 x 120mm antec tricool led fans, 3 x coolermaster 120mm fans, 1 x coolermaster megaflow 240mm led fan, 1 x antec v-cool Gpu fan (great little product)
-pci slot covers and all those little trinkets
-added internal dual USB 2.0 plugs for the LED strips
-extra 4 Slot USB 3.0 card

Hope you guys like, if you have any questions or ideas im open to any and all feedback :)

Very nice mod you have there, love the way you get a really deep blue on the inside of the case.
Also a custom air heatsink on the GPU, your a brave man :lol:

Now youv just to get water flowing through it and your set.

Few questions I have actually.
- What was the paint + tools you used to make the case blue? Just normal metallic spray paint or was it something a bit more specialized?
- Technique for such an awesome coat, very even all round.

Few Oranges

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

believe it or not i told a guy at my local home depot what i intended to do (paint SECC which is a twice folded steel that comprises the inner frame) and he told me to use vinegar or isopropyl alcohol to clean the inside instead of using any sand paper. the paint i used was "rustoleum paint touch 2x" white primer with two coats of that and then the same rustoleum in "brilliant blue" with surprisingly only two coats of that. then i used rustoleum flat black for the components that would be showing outside of the case. BUT here is the most incredible tip i was ever given for spray paint, submerge the paint cans in steaming water for about 10 minutes prior to painting and it gives you a dam near perfect spray. Thats what i did and the coat came out better than i expected. as far as tools, cotton swabs, isopropyl alcohol and microfiber towel for whipe down