Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

GTX 680 Drivers

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Drivers
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
December 28, 2012 2:03:09 AM

anyone know of a stable gtx 680 driver. i have the 310.70 set and my games constantly crashed so i downgraded to the 306.97 which i thought were stable but im still getting crashes from the drivers. could anyone recommend a good set. P.S. i dont overclock my gpu so its not that.

More about : gtx 680 drivers

a c 187 U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 2:09:30 AM

Try this it may sound stupid but it has worked for me and many others before.Turn off windows upate
Uninstall the drivers.
Download driver fusion http://treexy.com/
Reboot system in safe mode and run driver fusion.
Reboot again.
Re-downloaded lastest drivers http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Turn on windows updates This would be a good time to consider installing Simple Perfomance Boost to optimize your Windows settings. It’s easy, safe and fast. Here is a video on doing this optional step: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJoGOYXfHs
m
0
l
December 28, 2012 2:33:10 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Try this it may sound stupid but it has worked for me and many others before.Turn off windows upate
Uninstall the drivers.
Download driver fusion http://treexy.com/
Reboot system in safe mode and run driver fusion.
Reboot again.
Re-downloaded lastest drivers http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Turn on windows updates



before i follow your instructions, what exactly is driver fusion incase i need it for future use
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 187 U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 2:49:05 AM

Driver Fusion is the complete device and driver solution for your PC. It helps you to manage your hardware devices and assist with a complete uninstall of old system drivers in the easiest possible way. With Driver Fusion you can keep your PC running efficiently and effectively with advanced system driver removal, which even deletes those files, directories and registry entries that are left behind by the normal vendor uninstallers. By removing old drivers before installing new drivers you will ensure that your PC will reach its maximal potential and performance.

The clear and user friendly interface guides you step-by-step in the removal of the different kind of device drivers, such as sound, printer, keyboard, mouse and graphic card drivers. Driver Fusion automatically updates its cleaning process by using the Treexy cloud driver database to ensure the best possible removal of Windows device drivers, including unused, conflicting and unwanted drivers. The Device control feature introduces an easy to use and advanced Windows device manager that allows you to enable, disable or restart any hardware device. It is even possible to uninstall, backup or restore the drivers of these devices. Additionally, the Device identifier feature will save you a lot of time by trying to identify the type, name and manufacturer of devices listed as 'unknown device' or with a yellow exclamation/question mark.

Best of all, Treexy Driver Fusion can be used for free and can be downloaded as freeware. The interface is available in 57 different languages such as English, Dutch, Japanese, Spanish and Russian. Combined with additional features such as device driver backups, reporting, system protection, device identifier, custom filters and a desktop icon and resolution manager, Driver Fusion offers a complete solution to all your device and driver analysis and management needs.


m
0
l
December 28, 2012 2:54:05 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Driver Fusion is the complete device and driver solution for your PC. It helps you to manage your hardware devices and assist with a complete uninstall of old system drivers in the easiest possible way. With Driver Fusion you can keep your PC running efficiently and effectively with advanced system driver removal, which even deletes those files, directories and registry entries that are left behind by the normal vendor uninstallers. By removing old drivers before installing new drivers you will ensure that your PC will reach its maximal potential and performance.

The clear and user friendly interface guides you step-by-step in the removal of the different kind of device drivers, such as sound, printer, keyboard, mouse and graphic card drivers. Driver Fusion automatically updates its cleaning process by using the Treexy cloud driver database to ensure the best possible removal of Windows device drivers, including unused, conflicting and unwanted drivers. The Device control feature introduces an easy to use and advanced Windows device manager that allows you to enable, disable or restart any hardware device. It is even possible to uninstall, backup or restore the drivers of these devices. Additionally, the Device identifier feature will save you a lot of time by trying to identify the type, name and manufacturer of devices listed as 'unknown device' or with a yellow exclamation/question mark.

Best of all, Treexy Driver Fusion can be used for free and can be downloaded as freeware. The interface is available in 57 different languages such as English, Dutch, Japanese, Spanish and Russian. Combined with additional features such as device driver backups, reporting, system protection, device identifier, custom filters and a desktop icon and resolution manager, Driver Fusion offers a complete solution to all your device and driver analysis and management needs.



could you also please provide a link to the simple preformance boost
m
0
l
December 28, 2012 3:27:24 AM

this didnt work im still crashing
m
0
l
a c 187 U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 4:24:04 AM

What is your CPU usage during lag or crashing? Could you open task manager, press Show processes from all users, maximize the window, sort it by user name, take screenshot and upload it? Maybe... you've got some extra processes running in the background which are crippling your performance.Also PSU might be the problem.Please list make and model.Try running a scan with http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d57... here is what it is and does incase you are not aware http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFPirAk_lw i am using two gtx 670 and running great i will ask my cousin what drivers he is using since hes running a 680.
m
0
l
December 28, 2012 4:46:19 AM

my cpu usage is around 20-30% im only running minecrqaft and couple of background process. i resently did an clean install of windows yesterday so i dont have much else on my comp. my psu is a thermaltake 750w but i will soon upgrade to my corsair 1200i
m
0
l
December 28, 2012 4:48:59 AM

the rest of my spec should now be on my profile
m
0
l
a c 187 U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 10:59:38 AM

Hmm, this is very strange. Have you ticked 'Prefer Maximum Performance' in the NVIDIA control panel as opposed to 'Prefer Adaptive Performance'? You'll find it under global settings one of the first tabs. Just to clarify, ops, double check this setting please:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel --> Manage 3d Settings --> Global Settings Tab ---> Power Management Mode ---> Prefer maximum performance

Also, what programs do you have in the background? There is a known problem with the older versions of flash player that can reduce your core clock speeds if there's something like a browser video or stream running in the background. Could you also post a pic of CPU-Z? I want to check on another thing too. Try running other games or some benchmarking software. If the performance is also shitty it could be a driver issue; try benchmarking your PC to see if the numbers stack up with similar setups.That way we can figure out if it's the game or drivers or your card that's the issue run 3d mark11, unigine heaven, some game benches such as crysis benchmark, metro2033 benchmark (if you have those).
m
0
l
December 28, 2012 11:31:09 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Hmm, this is very strange. Have you ticked 'Prefer Maximum Performance' in the NVIDIA control panel as opposed to 'Prefer Adaptive Performance'? You'll find it under global settings one of the first tabs. Just to clarify, ops, double check this setting please:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel --> Manage 3d Settings --> Global Settings Tab ---> Power Management Mode ---> Prefer maximum performance

Also, what programs do you have in the background? There is a known problem with the older versions of flash player that can reduce your core clock speeds if there's something like a browser video or stream running in the background. Could you also post a pic of CPU-Z? I want to check on another thing too. Try running other games or some benchmarking software. If the performance is also shitty it could be a driver issue; try benchmarking your PC to see if the numbers stack up with similar setups.That way we can figure out if it's the game or drivers or your card that's the issue run 3d mark11, unigine heaven, some game benches such as crysis benchmark, metro2033 benchmark (if you have those).


i know the problem isnt my ram because i had that prior to installing this video card. sadly i dont have any benchmarking programs but i just got bf3 so ill crank all the settings up and see what the result is. i also sometimes do have other windows open like youtube but i still get the crashes when they arent opens.


m
0
l

Best solution

a c 187 U Graphics card
December 29, 2012 3:14:55 AM

kennymac9 said:
i know the problem isnt my ram because i had that prior to installing this video card. sadly i dont have any benchmarking programs but i just got bf3 so ill crank all the settings up and see what the result is. i also sometimes do have other windows open like youtube but i still get the crashes when they arent opens.
Well i just borrow the game from a friend and my 670 crash to so i am thinking it's the game because i can play BF3, Far Cry 3, and Crysis 2,World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, with no issues
Share
December 29, 2012 3:26:20 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Well i just borrow the game from a friend and my 670 crash to so i am thinking it's the game because i can play BF3, Far Cry 3, and Crysis 2,World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, with no issues




might be i hope nvidia releases some good drivers cause these are crap
m
0
l
December 29, 2012 3:26:28 AM

Best answer selected by kennymac9.
m
0
l
a c 187 U Graphics card
December 29, 2012 3:30:38 AM

kennymac9 said:
might be i hope nvidia releases some good drivers cause these are crap
:lol:  I hope so to anyway take care. :hello: 
m
0
l