Sign in with
Your question

How does this build look?

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2013 1:58:24 AM

Hello!

I've been picking parts from a website to build my gaming pc. I've asked my friends and I've made a thread here not too long ago, and I think I'm finally ready! What do you guys think?

Case: COOLER MASTER K350 Black Gaming Mid-Tower Case
Processor: i5-3570
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M LX Intel B75 mATX
Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 660 SC
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V
RAM: STRONTIUM 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
HDD: Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 SATA3 HDD 64M CACHE 7200RPM

As of currently, I have no plans on overclocking at all; I'll probably buy the components a long time from now, if I ever want to. Altogether, this set costs about $1,350 with tax added(15%) and not counting discounts. I can only afford up to around $1450. No more than that. Thanks.

Quick question: Is the motherboard okay? Really, all I'm looking for is a cheap cheap motherboard that's able to be compatible with all of my other components and to pass the bare minimum.

Feel free to leave any suggestions! Also, should you suggest any components to replace, please pick from no other than this site: http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=g&p=components

More about : build

February 13, 2013 2:11:35 AM

Processor: i5-3570 <-- if you can find 3470 cheaper, go with it instead :) 
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M LX Intel B75 mATX --> please find normal ATX mobo at similar price, not mATX (micro atx). it can be B75/H77 but with ATX size
RAM: STRONTIUM 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 ---> look for corsair/gskill/patriot/crucial brand RAM as it will ensure quality. i think the price is similar
m
l
February 13, 2013 2:35:16 AM

Eh? Really? The motherboard has to be ATX size? I thought the size of it, regardless if it's mATX or ATX doesn't matter as long as the case supports both sizes and that it has a 24 pin connector.
m
l
Related resources
February 13, 2013 3:26:21 AM

yes sure it doesnt matter, usually ppl go with matx mobo because of compact size but sacrifice some ports/slots. it is really up to you
m
l
February 13, 2013 3:45:56 AM

AMD Radeon said:
yes sure it doesnt matter, usually ppl go with matx mobo because of compact size but sacrifice some ports/slots. it is really up to you

Hmmm. Sacrifice some ports/slots, huh? ...Myeeeeh. I don't really mind too much, lol. As long as the mobo fits the bare minimum of the gaming pc and it doesn't hold back the PC, then it's fine.

Unless you mean to imply that the hypothetical slots/ports that I miss out on is important for a gaming PC?
m
l
!