Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Problem with graphic card

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Cases
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
December 28, 2012 3:49:21 AM

HI guys i almost bought a graphic card after a long research but at the last minute i got in a small problem

i need to know whether my case(cabinet) is enough for this card and i also want to know whether the bracket of the graphic card will suit my case or not


Card i am presently using : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sparkle-NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphic-...

card i want to buy : http://www.flipkart.com/powercolor-amd-ati-hd-7770-1-gb...

my case (cabinet) : http://www.zebronics.com/products/cabinet-reduced-heigh...

More about : problem graphic card

December 28, 2012 1:03:41 PM

Yes it should fit ur case. But you might need to provide more info about your CPU here before buying the new card as it might bottleneck your GPU cause you to have low frame rates and some other problem. What CPU and motherboard are you using?
m
0
l
December 29, 2012 3:59:56 AM

muppetlol said:
Yes it should fit ur case. But you might need to provide more info about your CPU here before buying the new card as it might bottleneck your GPU cause you to have low frame rates and some other problem. What CPU and motherboard are you using?




I am using intel dh61ww motherboard

my processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz


what is bottle necking
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 29, 2012 1:47:20 PM

harishphk said:
I am using intel dh61ww motherboard

my processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz


what is bottle necking


Bottle-necking is where one of your component is limiting the rest of your component from reaching their max potential.
For example ur CPU can only handle max of 40 fps on a game, but your GPU can handle up to 120 fps on the same particular game. But your GPU is bottle-necked by ur CPU so you can only run 40 fps throughout the whole game even if you have the most high end GPU card out in the market. Basically you don't wan your CPU to be bottle-necking your GPU so you push your GPU further to reach its potential.

Sometimes it might be the other way round where your GPU is bottle-necking your CPU but given that you're getting the HD7770, it should be the CPU that might bottleneck your GPU.

Your CPU is an i3-2100 at 3.10GHZ with 4 CPU. This is not the K version so it can't be overclocked. But 3.10 GHZ should be more than enough for gaming and shouldn't not bottle-neck you at all unless you are rendering like 3D stuff or you need more CPU speed. If its just for gaming , your good to go.

I have checked your motherboard up and theres only a PCI express 2.0 x16 , which is the only slot your HD7770 can be placed into. Everything should fit perfectly in my opinion/
Share
December 29, 2012 2:04:30 PM

muppetlol said:
Bottle-necking is where one of your component is limiting the rest of your component from reaching their max potential.
For example ur CPU can only handle max of 40 fps on a game, but your GPU can handle up to 120 fps on the same particular game. But your GPU is bottle-necked by ur CPU so you can only run 40 fps throughout the whole game even if you have the most high end GPU card out in the market. Basically you don't wan your CPU to be bottle-necking your GPU so you push your GPU further to reach its potential.

Sometimes it might be the other way round where your GPU is bottle-necking your CPU but given that you're getting the HD7770, it should be the CPU that might bottleneck your GPU.

Your CPU is an i3-2100 at 3.10GHZ with 4 CPU. This is not the K version so it can't be overclocked. But 3.10 GHZ should be more than enough for gaming and shouldn't not bottle-neck you at all unless you are rendering like 3D stuff or you need more CPU speed. If its just for gaming , your good to go.

I have checked your motherboard up and theres only a PCI express 2.0 x16 , which is the only slot your HD7770 can be placed into. Everything should fit perfectly in my opinion/




than you very much for spending sometime for me
m
0
l
December 30, 2012 3:29:43 AM

Best answer selected by harishphk.
m
0
l