Calvin

I installed World of Wwarcraft onto my computer about 2 weeks ago and it's
been working fine until about 4 days ago. Now whenever I sign in to play,
it's fine for about 15 seconds and then it disconnects from the server. I
tried turning off my security firewall (McAfee) but it didnt help. Can
anyone tell me what's going on?

"Calvin" <Calvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed World of Wwarcraft onto my computer about 2 weeks ago and it's
> been working fine until about 4 days ago. Now whenever I sign in to play,
> it's fine for about 15 seconds and then it disconnects from the server. I
> tried turning off my security firewall (McAfee) but it didnt help. Can
> anyone tell me what's going on?

Have you tried using System Restore (Programs -> Accessories -> System
Tools -> System Restore) to restore your machine to a prior point when it
did work?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Calvin

Oh, OK that did it, thanks

> Oh, OK that did it, thanks

Good stuff, only problem now is we won't know what caused it. :cool:

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

It may not have been a setting of yours at all. I get this once in a while
if the server is at more than medium population when I try to log in. I get
random disconnects from their servers all the time. The worst one is a bug
where I get disconnected everytime I turn in a quest in Booty Bay. Glad I am
out of that zone now. :)

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft