Sign in with
Your question

How do I use original video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
December 28, 2012 6:38:02 AM

Hi, I got a new computer with a NVIDIA graphics card. The only problem is that the graphics card itself only has 1 HDMI output and I have 2 monitors and I want to connect both using HDMI. I tried using the original HDMI output on the back that isn't part of the graphics card but it is disabled. Is there any way that I can re enable it but still use the NVIDIA graphics card? That way I can connect both monitors with HDMI. If not is there any other way I can do it?

-Thanks

More about : original video card

a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 6:51:04 AM

why not connect one to dvi?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 7:21:18 AM

HDMI is usually only used with HDTV's. Try using your DVI ports for this task. If what I just said didn't help you, then Please provide a list of your System Specs, Mainly what model Video card your using.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
December 28, 2012 7:28:17 AM

HDMI is better quality. If there isn't a way I'm fine just using DVI which is what I'm doing right now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 10:53:53 AM

hdmi and dvi has the same quility both are digital. I think dvi is better, it can even support higher resolutions. hdmi's only advantage is it also capable of transmitting audio which in most cases not important or used if used with gpu.
m
l
Anonymous
December 28, 2012 3:51:10 PM

Sorry, I got VGA and DVI confused. I would use DVI but the monitors don't have that input. Kind of stupid if you ask me. They only have VGA and HDMI. Right now I'm using HDMI on one and VGA on the other.
m
l
Anonymous
December 29, 2012 12:41:12 AM

I just remembered that there are adapters that change DVI into HDMI so that's what I will use. Thanks anyway.
m
l
!