Anyone else notice that stats/rank #'s are foobar tonight?

I logged into BFHQ to see if I'd cracked 9000pts yet and saw I had 18923508923 points
instead, and no awards.... Stats were similarly whacked....?!

Had the same problem after BF2 crashed, but after a restart of the game
later that evening it went back to normal, and the points and awards i
earned that evening were also counted.

probably some server screw up again, but no hard feelings against EA
from me, i think its cool that they dare to start a ranking system of
this extreme size. I think its impossible to make it completely
watertight the first time somethings done.

Pol

parapol wrote:
> Had the same problem after BF2 crashed, but after a restart of the game
> later that evening it went back to normal, and the points and awards i
> earned that evening were also counted.
>
> probably some server screw up again, but no hard feelings against EA
> from me, i think its cool that they dare to start a ranking system of
> this extreme size. I think its impossible to make it completely
> watertight the first time somethings done.
>
> Pol
>
> ace72ace wrote:
>
>> I logged into BFHQ to see if I'd cracked 9000pts yet and saw I had
>> 18923508923 points instead, and no awards.... Stats were similarly
>> whacked....?!

Yeah, it was fine today, go figure.

Malcolm

parapol wrote:

> probably some server screw up again, but no hard feelings against EA
> from me, i think its cool that they dare to start a ranking system of
> this extreme size. I think its impossible to make it completely
> watertight the first time somethings done.
>
> Pol

when you cant log in and play a local game because the account servers
are down, that is a very annoying thing.
we should have the option to play locally without central stats updating.
otherwise this will make playing off line impossible for anybody without
working net access. intolerable, prob done for anti piracy purposes
maybe, fine but pirates will have it cracked, it just ends up annoying
honest people.
ISPs tend to turn off the net at the most annoying times.

[AGB] malcolm

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"malcolm" <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> parapol wrote:
>>
>> probably some server screw up again, but no hard feelings against EA from
>> me, i think its cool that they dare to start a ranking system of this
>> extreme size. I think its impossible to make it completely watertight the
>> first time somethings done.
>>
>> Pol
>
> when you cant log in and play a local game because the account servers
> are down, that is a very annoying thing.
> we should have the option to play locally without central stats updating.
> otherwise this will make playing off line impossible for anybody without
> working net access. intolerable, prob done for anti piracy purposes maybe,
> fine but pirates will have it cracked, it just ends up annoying honest
> people.
> ISPs tend to turn off the net at the most annoying times.
>
> [AGB] malcolm

Create an offline account