Sign in with
Your question

Will this configuration work?

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2013 10:37:17 AM

Hi THer's

I've been lurking for some time and am doing a build and I just want to check opinions with everyone here. will this build work? I've got some misgivings mostly about the motherboard. however the alternative the SR-X seems even less reliable. anyway heres the component list:

MB: Asus Z9PE-D8 WS (dual processor, 2011 board)
CPU: 1x E5-2687W (3.1ghz 8-core)
RAM: 2x Kingston Server Premier 16GB 1600MHZ DDR3 registerd RAM
GPU: LEADTEK NVIDIA QUADRO K5000
HDD: 1x OCZ Vector 256GB
2x WDD Caviar Black 2TB
PSU: Corsair AX1200I (1200W Platinum PSU)
COOLING: Corsair H100I
CASE: Coolmaster Cosmos II

The main idea of this rig is upgradability, I plan on running 2 sli k5000 and atleast 1 NVIDIA Tesla using maximus, adding another CPU of the same and then adding ram as neccessary.
The main use of this rig is solid modelling, 3D rendering, and video encoding.
I've contemplated using render nodes however I believe it might just be easier to use one central rig than licencing and networking multiple nodes as my networking prowess is subpar.

My main issue is are all the components compatible, I haven't missed anything major?

Thanks so much everyone!
jmac

More about : configuration work

February 13, 2013 11:05:12 AM

1. glad u googled it...
2. it has a quadro card, probably wont be used for gaming.
2. Id prefer the extra cost to having one of those hanging from the mobo
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
February 13, 2013 11:19:59 AM

LOL...

Quote:
Buy a processor fan, like this, to save some serious bones; http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] nAodyUQA4Q

Save $70 on a $5K system... Gotta love sarcasm!

Anyway, looking at the case and cooling system, where are you going to connect that radiator with two 120mm fans when the case back plate only has a single 120mm fan location? TheN00bBuilder's cooling option doesn't seem all that bad an idea (though you may need to go with low-profile RAM.

Otherwise, you may want to go with this Corsair Water Cooler: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

-Wolf sends
m
l
February 13, 2013 12:47:20 PM

well i was thinking of drilling a hole in the side of the case if i needed too..
i was looking at coolmaster v4 gts's but not sure if ill be bale to fit 2 on the board..

I've been looking at some more reviews about the corsair closed loops and I'm thinking they are a bad idea since theres way more reports of leaks than id like.. maby noobbuilder is on the money
m
l
!