Comparison.

First of i want to tell you that i live in greece and the only shop that both is extremely helpfull and resourcefull is e-shop.gr
Recently it has brought a new gtx670 chipset card from ZOTAC which is around 30 euros cheaper than It's asus counterpart and as far as the clocks go stronger. However i am no expert so please let me know what you think.
I dont plan to overclock anything in the near future because i simply dont care about overclocking anything by myself. So here are the characteristis of the two cards.

ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 2GB

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670.
Μνήμη: 2GB GDDR5 στα 256-bit.
Engine Clock: GPU Boost Clock: 980 MHz, GPU Base Clock: 915 MHz.
Memory Clock: 6008 MHz ( 1502 MHz GDDR5 ).
CUDA Core: 1344.
Σύνδεσμοι: 1 x DVI-I, 1x DVD-D, 1x HDMI, 1x Display Port.
Επιπλέον χαρακτηριστικά: DirectCU II, GPU Tweak, NVIDIA GPU Boost, NVIDIA PhysX ready, NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready, SLI Support, Microsoft DirectX 11, NVIDIA Adaptive V-Sync.
Τοποθέτηση: PCI Express 3.0.

and here is the Zotac

ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX670 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E RETAIL

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670.
Memory: 2GB GDDR5 at 256-bit.
Engine Clock: GPU Boost Clock: 1176 MHz, GPU Base Clock: 1098 MHz.
Memory Clock: 6608 MHz (GDDR5 ).
RAMDAC: 400 MHz.
Max Resolution: 2560 x 1600.
CUDA Core: 1344.
Interface: 1x DVI-I, 1x DVD-D, 1x HDMI, 1x Display Port.
Additional Features: NVIDIA GPU Boost, NVIDIA 3D Vision, SLI Support, Microsoft DirectX 11, OpenGL� 4.2.
Interface: PCI Express 3.0 x 16 (Compatible with 1.1).
Warranty: 2 years. DOA for 7 days

IS it just me or does the Zotac have stronger clocks.?
4 answers Last reply
More about comparison
  1. Note that i will buy either one or the other. I just want to know the pros and the cons of each. They will be used on a completely new rig.
  2. I'd go with the second. AFAIK it's faster and cheaper: 2 major pros. Maybe you should search for some user reviews to get a well argumented opinion so you can choose without doubting.
  3. Asus will be slower than Zotac.
    Because Asus card isn't Overclocked.

As you said you'll not OC yourself, I'd recommend you the Zotac.
    Its a very good brand.

So, get that Zotac Card.
    GTX 670 is a very good Choice though ;)
  4. I would not think there would be a problem with the heat right? I plan on buying a Thermaltake Revo Armor. It has good cable management 3 200mm fans and 1 140 turbo fan.
    So i hope there will not be problems with overheating the card since from some reviews i have seen it can go up to 80c
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Graphics