Sign in with
Your question

GPU Upgrade advice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 28, 2012 10:46:37 AM

I was hoping to upgrade my graphics card from a 6870 and i was just looking at the GTX 660 non ti an looks great, so i was wondering would i lose any of the 660's performance if i couple it with my i3 2120(my current cpu), thanks!

More about : gpu upgrade advice

December 28, 2012 11:08:54 AM

I am a gamer with one display
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 11:36:18 AM

Quote:
Please note that the above 'benchmarks' are all just theoretical - the results were calculated based on the card's specifications, and real-world performance may (and probably will) vary at least a bit.

In reality, GTX660 will beat it in anything. I'd be very interested in a game benchmark where the 6870 is beating it. An i3 won't bottleneck you at all - it's a very capable gaming CPU.
December 28, 2012 12:28:53 PM

sam_p_lay said:
Quote:
Please note that the above 'benchmarks' are all just theoretical - the results were calculated based on the card's specifications, and real-world performance may (and probably will) vary at least a bit.

In reality, GTX660 will beat it in anything. I'd be very interested in a game benchmark where the 6870 is beating it. An i3 won't bottleneck you at all - it's a very capable gaming CPU.

Thanks for the reply man! I think I'll get the PNY or maybe the EVGA versions of the card as the blower designs on them look very smexy IMO. thanks again for the advice, that's why I love Tomshardware!
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 2:14:09 PM

Pleasure :-) Have fun with it!
!