GPU Upgrade advice

I was hoping to upgrade my graphics card from a 6870 and i was just looking at the GTX 660 non ti an looks great, so i was wondering would i lose any of the 660's performance if i couple it with my i3 2120(my current cpu), thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrade advice
  1. http://www.hwcompare.com/13349/geforce-gtx-660-vs-radeon-hd-6870/
    What's u r use ? u r gamer or editing purpose only.
    for gaming in multiple moniters 6870 is 22% better than 660.
    gaming in single moniter 660 wins.
  2. I am a gamer with one display
  3. Quote:
    Please note that the above 'benchmarks' are all just theoretical - the results were calculated based on the card's specifications, and real-world performance may (and probably will) vary at least a bit.

In reality, GTX660 will beat it in anything. I'd be very interested in a game benchmark where the 6870 is beating it. An i3 won't bottleneck you at all - it's a very capable gaming CPU.
  4. sam_p_lay said:
    Quote:
    Please note that the above 'benchmarks' are all just theoretical - the results were calculated based on the card's specifications, and real-world performance may (and probably will) vary at least a bit.

In reality, GTX660 will beat it in anything. I'd be very interested in a game benchmark where the 6870 is beating it. An i3 won't bottleneck you at all - it's a very capable gaming CPU.

Thanks for the reply man! I think I'll get the PNY or maybe the EVGA versions of the card as the blower designs on them look very smexy IMO. thanks again for the advice, that's why I love Tomshardware!
  5. Pleasure :-) Have fun with it!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics