Ways to take down the cost on this gaming computer?

First off, I want to say that I am not completely sure this is the correct forum for this, but I'm trying.

Second, it is a gaming computer, so don't say it will be too powerful, when I know that it is not very powerful to start with, compared to some of the awesome computers out there.

Third off, Here are the parts:

Case: Commander Mid Tower ATX Computer Case

Power Supply: 950 Watt Silencer MK2 ATX Power Supply

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
Hard Drive: Barracuda 2TB SATA 6 GB/s

RAM: 16 GB Corsair XMS3 Series RAM

CD/DVD Drive: Lite-ON 24X SATA DVD Burner

Graphics Card: 2x Evga 04G-P4-2686-KR Geforce GTX 680

Sound Card: Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card

I am fairly certain it will work, but I"m wondering if there is anyway to get it down from the 2400 it will cost after the monitor and keyboard I want, without reducing the performance pretty much at all?
3 answers Last reply
More about ways cost gaming computer
  1. it is a gaming computer... so you wouldnt want i7 because it is for pro software
    i5 3570K is the top gaming cpu

Graphics Card: 2x Evga 04G-P4-2686-KR Geforce GTX 680
    i believe 2x evga 670 will be enough :) slightly below 680 but 100++ usd difference each
  2. are you from us/canada?
  3. I'm from the USA.

Also, I recieved a question on my other thread (I have this in Homebuilt too, after realizing this was in the wrong section) about what I intended to do other than gaming, and thought I should post on here that I also want this computer to not be outdated for a while until I can afford dual 690's, and I intend on recording and editing videos on this computer. Game commentaries mostly.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Computers Systems