Planning on getting a graphics card - mayby 7950? suggestions?

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Hey guys , im looking to upgrade my gpu , i currently have a 550ti which is starting to slow down a fair amount .

budget is around 200-250 ish but can go outside the borders slightly if the increase is worth it. have been looking at 7950's which seem really good in this price range but there are many variants so thought i would ask here first

case: Zalaman Z9 - ( Question : Will there be any fitting issues with a suggested card?
Motherboard : 990x-ud3
Psu : XFX Pro Series 850W
usage : Gaming , no specific games just anything .
overclocking : Most likely not , mayby in the future but no intentions
resolution : 1920:1080

as this is the first time i will be fitting a graphics card is there anything i will need to know before i would fit it ?

Thanks in advance !

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
yeah , its good for the price range but its currently not going anywhere above 70 % due to the gpu . as such havent gone out of the way to over-clock it but will try it after an upgrade

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
ok , looking through that and current prices compared with nvidia and amd , i would like to go for a 7950 but with all the different brands bringing models out would you be able to recommend any ?

i know they have oc'd versions and different coolers on them but im not great regarding these options and feel that ill pick one that might not be the best choice for the situation.

also with my current configuration will i have any compatability issues ? case / psu ?

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
will then look after to find a better price / different seller of the same model if needed :) , thanks for your help btw . i appreciate it alot as im not great with hardware selection

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Both cards are Very good.
As no Information about clock speeds is given at the site. Can't tell you the better one.

You can get either one. Gigabyte has 3fans..!!
Sapphire has the looks.

Get the Sapphire. As it is cheaper

You can Overclock the card near 1Ghz to get the most out of it. ;)

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
MSI Twin Frozr Technology is just awesome.

I have one. And it OCs very well.
You can consider that too in your account.

Buy anyone of them and then OC that a little to surpass those other cards you didn't bought, And be happy :)

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
That HIS one may cool a bit nicer.
But I would prefer other like MSI or Sapphire and Asus.

And MSI TF is also good.
You will not gain any advantage over cooling, if you don't Overclock.

So, as said in the Review MSI Bios settings make it a better overclocker.
I'd prefer it.

Because in future if you feel that your card is weak, you can OC it and get the bet out of it