Might and Magic 6 and 7 full screen

April 18, 2005 1:50:24 PM

I just installed Might and Magic 6 and 7 on a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Pro. ( Fat32) Everything works
fine except that I can't get the game screen to full screen. Using the F4 key which is supposed to toggle from
windowed to full screen just causes the desktop to go black and reapear, the game screen stays the same size.

I've already tried running in 640 x 480 under compatibility mode and changing the screen resolution in display
preferences and neither works.

Any suggestions?

More about : magic full screen

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:24:18 PM

Hi,

Some games use ALT+ENTER to toggle Full Screen On / Off.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Chris or Larry LaMere" <ljlamere@acd.net> wrote in message news:D 8e761tpcllbenf4rv8m1tf0juq4ssf1km@4ax.com...
|I just installed Might and Magic 6 and 7 on a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Pro. ( Fat32) Everything works
| fine except that I can't get the game screen to full screen. Using the F4 key which is supposed to toggle from
| windowed to full screen just causes the desktop to go black and reapear, the game screen stays the same size.
|
| I've already tried running in 640 x 480 under compatibility mode and changing the screen resolution in display
| preferences and neither works.
|
| Any suggestions?

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 12:47:54 AM

Try Fn+F7, it is one of the function keys together with Fn

Chris or Larry LaMere wrote:

>I just installed Might and Magic 6 and 7 on a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Pro. ( Fat32) Everything works
>fine except that I can't get the game screen to full screen. Using the F4 key which is supposed to toggle from
>windowed to full screen just causes the desktop to go black and reapear, the game screen stays the same size.
>
>I've already tried running in 640 x 480 under compatibility mode and changing the screen resolution in display
>preferences and neither works.
>
>Any suggestions?

April 19, 2005 4:20:03 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:47:54 +0530, Thomas Kuck
<Kolossus@Sancharnet.in> wrote:

>Try Fn+F7, it is one of the function keys together with Fn
>
>Chris or Larry LaMere wrote:
>
>>I just installed Might and Magic 6 and 7 on a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Pro. ( Fat32) Everything works
>>fine except that I can't get the game screen to full screen. Using the F4 key which is supposed to toggle from
>>windowed to full screen just causes the desktop to go black and reapear, the game screen stays the same size.
>>
>>I've already tried running in 640 x 480 under compatibility mode and changing the screen resolution in display
>>preferences and neither works.
>>
>>Any suggestions?

No good, no effect at all.

Thanks anyhow.
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:29:09 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:24:18 -0400, "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Some games use ALT+ENTER to toggle Full Screen On / Off.
>
>--
>Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
>MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
>
>"Chris or Larry LaMere" <ljlamere@acd.net> wrote in message news:D 8e761tpcllbenf4rv8m1tf0juq4ssf1km@4ax.com...
>|I just installed Might and Magic 6 and 7 on a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Pro. ( Fat32) Everything works
>| fine except that I can't get the game screen to full screen. Using the F4 key which is supposed to toggle from
>| windowed to full screen just causes the desktop to go black and reapear, the game screen stays the same size.
>|
>| I've already tried running in 640 x 480 under compatibility mode and changing the screen resolution in display
>| preferences and neither works.
>|
>| Any suggestions?

Nope the documentation specifies the F4 key

Thanks.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 12:28:13 PM

Sorry, my mistake. Came across a posting in this newsgroup (viewing
games full screen) that mentioned Fn+F7. Have a look at the thread, you
might come across something helpful. Try also Fn+F4.

!