660ti on 430W power supply

G

I'm making this post because I remember seeing somone asking this question with the same PSU as me (CX430) and it works fine.. although i would not try to overclock because im not sure how much this GPU is straining my PSU (any suggestions to check?) but regardless it works!!! :D

G

I heard many places though that 450W is for a crappy PSU worst possible scenario. anything that is 80+ bronze,silver,or gold will be able to handle it. I am looking to upgrade though but to be honest that will be after i upgrade my CPU (4100 to 8350 hopefully)

simmons33

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Wow, 32 Amps on a 430W? That's pretty damn good from what ive seen.
660TI recommends 28Amps (Along with the other basic parts to make a system work)
on the +12V rail. To be safe, I would get a GTX 660 (Non TI). Always good to have a little headroom =D and only needs 24AMPs (with the other basic parts)
But reguardless, a 660TI "should" work. It would just be putting a little too much strain on the PSU imo.

G

I already purchased my 660ti lol it runs perfectly, havent got a BSOD even after intense gaming on large 1080P screen *knocks on wood* and im not exactly sure what all of the Volts on Rail stuff is... lol