Sign in with
Your question

Building my first PC

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2013 4:25:36 PM

Hello,
So I'm 16 and planning to build my own PC, I have an idea which motherboard (Asus z77 sabertooth) in planning to get, but I'm not shure with the other parts (RAM, CPU, power supply, Graphiccard)

So this is what I had planned sofar, but I want know what the experienced Builders would use for this motherboard, I might over clock it in the future.

Motherboard: Asus Z77 sabertooth
CPU: i7 3770k
Graphic card: Nvidia gtx 660
RAM: 12 GB Corsair Vengeance

My price range for these components would be around $800

Ps. I'm not planning to use a liquid billing system

More about : building

a b V Motherboard
February 13, 2013 4:28:54 PM

If gaming is your main use - go i5-3570, get a less expensive mobo, and 8GB RAM will do you. With the money you save, get a better video card.
-Bruce
a b V Motherboard
February 13, 2013 4:29:03 PM

Whats the main purpose of your machine? Assuming gaming. If that is correct then drop down to the 3570k CPU. 8GB of Ram and use the savings to get a better GPU.

If it is for gaming please list the games u wish to play. WoW plays differently then say BF3.
a b V Motherboard
February 13, 2013 4:32:39 PM

hey,
stick with 8 gigs of ram (4gb x 2 config) as you wont see performance improvements going over that...just make sure its ddr3 1600
the video card is fine, you need a power supply of at least 550watts
for cases look into antec 300
that board is expensive as you pay for more features. I know it looks good but is it worth the extra features and will you be using them?
!