Win 7 Install, drive not detected, drivers not found

chokfull

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

I have just upgraded my computer with a new MoBo, Ram, GFX and incidentally a new optical drive. (specs at bottom) I was using Vista Ultimate 64bit on my old setup, and I am keeping my existing harddrive but installing windows 7

During the install process when it asks where i want to install windows there is no hard drive detected. My HD is detected in the BIOS and when i enter CMD in the install process it lists the drive as there but with no space available. In the details it lists it as healthy and Not read only.

After reading several threads on here and other forums I have confirmed several fixes that dont work for me. What I have done:

"clean-all" function in CMD according to this help thread (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927520)

Switched SATA ports for the HD

Changed BIOS mode from IDE to AHCI (when i do AHCI it will not boot from my SATA CD-drive)

Checked all connections, several times.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, ive been pulling my hair out for almost two days now trying to fix this one issue.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 AM3+
AMD FX 6100 3.3ghz
12g DDR3 1600
GTX 560
900w psu

Remove the cmos battery, reboot, and let it reconfigure. And check your service manual for correct procedure !

If you have the Windows XP install disk or if not download Hirens boot CD and see if you can see the hard drive. If you can see it with these discs delete the partition and reformat the hard drive.
When you do this make sure the SATA interface is in IDE mode.