Windows 7 bsod need urgent help!!!!!

inf

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hiya,
Im having a serious problem with my windows 7. Every time i turn on my pc and select windows 7 64bit as my operating system(i have a dual boot) i get a bsod before it fully loads up. It says A process or thread crucial to system has unexpectedly exited or terminated . At first i could run it in safe mode now i cant even do that. When safe mode is loading drivers it crashes at a ati driver and i get a few artifacts on the top of my screen. So does that mean this is a driver problem? I can still run my xp boot which is on the same harddrive just a different partion. I hope some one can help :( Thx

Windows 7 Home edition 64bit
Asrock m3a770de
Amd athlon x4
Msi HD6870 Hawk
4gb ddr3 vengeance ram @1600
1tb samsung f1 harddrive
600watt bequiet psu

p.s i left the pc running last night running a defrag program and put on a timed shutdown i think that caused this. Please some body help =(

LongpastPNR

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Reinstall of Windows is what i would do in these situations but I will not speak for you it is up to your desecration.

inf

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

Thx gona try that in a moment :D if it works u get best answer :D
Yeah i know reinstalling windows is a option i was hoping there was something else i could try before that. thx for the replys =]

inf

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

Ive just uploaded the log to mediafire instead is that ok?
Added a virus total scan of the file :D

inf

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Using the windows 7 disc didnt work. It didnt even give me a option to repair it, just to install a new os -.-. Im backing up my stuff now geting it rdy to format but theres some stuff i cant access on my w7 boot partion. so how am i gona back it up?

dragonbane

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I'm not sure if it will work on a dual boot, but I don't see why it wouldn't, you could try a Startup Repair. You press F8 (usually) while your computer is first starting and choose the recovery option. After that you get a few options and can choose startup repair. This should repair missing/damaged system files.

inf

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

Thx for the reply =] but i allrdy tried it like that said it couldnt fix it. :(

dragonbane

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Oh, that's no good. Personally I'd be worried the hard drive may be having an issue. You may want to go to your hard drive vendors site and find the software for testing your drive. I'd hate to find out that there's a problem with the part of the hard drive that's holding your Win 7, and have the reformat ruin the drive. That way you'll know if you need to get the information off of the Win 7 partition or the drive all together. Always better to be safe than sorry.

inf

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

That would really sux because i lost a 1tb wd harddrive 2 days ago :( .
Any way ive reformated now and a diff partion off the same harddrive has gone missing now -.- . This is a huge headache.
It shows up under my windows xp boot but not on my windows 7 any one know how i can get it to show up on w7 to?
?

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
ouch. you could simply have booted from a bootcd and got your data of it that way

e.g i keep a couple cd/dvd's of things like ultimatebootcd4win

that allows you to boot pc from a cd/dvd then copy all your data off it

make a seperate partition from the os that way if you have massive problems a re-install wont delete your data

ive been doing this for the last 5 years over 5-10 installs on more than 3 pc's and never lost data once

(a good idea would be to partition hdd so you have abour 200gb for system. move games to another partition. clone both partitions)

you will rarely have to backup game partition as usually the files dont change as save data is saved on c drive usually

on c drive i have 150gb free on 284gb partition.
on h drive i have 32gb free on a 213gb partition
on d i have 1.3tb partition

c is system. h is games. d is data

if c gets destroyed i will restore from an image and all my games will be intact

you could move your programs to another partition as well but i wouldnt recomend that as your programs are updated quite often

inf

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

I have my pc set up like that to my dual boot is windows xp and i couldnt copy the whole drive from there so i ended up putting a ubuntu live cd in and backing up using that. ive formated it now, reinstalled windows and some of my steam games seem to be intact while others like mw3 arnt working i can get the single player up but not multiplayer. i fixed the problem with a partion not showing up in windows to.

1: First and formost, can you post the BSOD STOP code/error message?
2: Before wiping everything, at least confirm you don't have an easy to fix RAM problem by running memtest86/Prime 95.
Its to late now wiped everything last night im sure it wasnt the ram because my dual boot system was running fine and now windows 7 is running fine.
Thx every one for your inputt =]