Is My PC can run Highest Settings Gaming and Arts?

nickshooter25

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Hi Guys and Gals,

Is this PC will work and hold many games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, GTA 4, etc.....
I'm also want to do art in my PC like modding stuff from games, creating Model, etc......

link here: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/B5KD

If you find cheaper stuff for better than what i have, please tell me!

Also, is Windows 7 better or is Windows 8?

I live in Canada if that helps lol :lol:

Thank you very much!

nickshooter25

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

so which best sound card should i take?
is full ATX board fit in NZXT Phantom 410, the small version of full tower of NZXT Phantom?
and is full ATX board are better than micro?

g-unit1111

Titan

1. None - you don't need it at all, all motherboards have built in audio and it's getting better with each generation.

2. The Phantom comes in a few different varieties - there's the full tower Phantom original, there's the smaller Phantom 410, and there's the much larger Phantom 820. They all support ATX motherboards. No reason to get a micro with a full or mid tower.

3. Yes - the expansion options on mATX motherboards are limited. Full ATX don't have the expansion limitations that mATX do.

Considering your power supply choice, it seems you may be looking at SLI someday. The motherboard you've chosen is decent and will allow a second video card, but you may want to look for a board that separates two double-slot 670s to control heat a little better. Here's a good mATX option that provides a one-slot space between double-slotted cards:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128551

If you're going to be overclocking, I'd definitely go with a standard ATX board since most have better voltage options and handle the extra heat better. If not, look for an mATX board that will separate the 2 x8s (really x16 or 8/8).

g-unit1111

Titan

The only bad thing with that board is the four SATA ports. If you want to add any additional drives beyond optical, SSD, and HD, you're SOL.

nickshooter25

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Should i go for overclocking? if not, should i go what you got a link or mATX board that separate the 2 x8s(what which is best for motherboard?).Thanks

Edit:Sorry

nickshooter25

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Which is why i came to find you, guys and gals, to help me to find best for my PC. :lol: :wahoo: :??:

cutebeans

Distinguished
Hi, the 670 is one the best.

You can also try the 7950 :). Comes with 2 free AAA games so what happens is 7950 cost - $120. :)

The Sapphire 7950 is $295. So when you are practically paying $295 - $120 = $175 for a great video card!!

You could easily go with a 2GB GTX 570 and save some cash. Unless your gaming across 3 screens, a 4GB video card won't do anything for you.

Also, If you have the cash, I'd get the Samsung SSD and use it as your boot drive and install apps to the 320GB WD Black.

The motherboard I suggested above will keep things cooler if you ever decide to go with another GTX 670 one day.

I would not overclock. I have found no need for it other than to increase my Heaven score. If you buy good equipment, there's not much need for overclocking. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just primarily for people that want to see how far they can push their hardware.

g-unit1111

Titan

The Samsung 840 Pro is an excellent choice for SSD. I also highly recommend the OCZ Vector.

However the Scorpio Black is made for laptops, there's no reason to get one on a desktop build. It would be better to get 1 SSD and 1 HD for mass storage. That comes out to the best cost per GB solution you can get.

You could easily go with a 2GB GTX 570 and save some cash. Unless your gaming across 3 screens, a 4GB video card won't do anything for you.

Why? There's no point in buying a new build and getting three year old hardware.

I meant a GTX 670.

nickshooter25

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Wow, i don't know which is best, but i heard Radeon HD 7950 is best so should i go with that?