Luxury Gaming Computer?

Favalava

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Hello everyone,
My name is Favalava and I have recently picked up the compulsive need to build computers. I started building around 6 months ago and in that time I've done 5 'standard' gaming rigs. I'm looking to build a luxury gaming system for a friend of mine and I was wondering if anyone wants to put their input in on my endeavor. The system itself will had mid to high end specs, I was thinking a 660ti and 3570k, and will have a custom built case with specifically chosen fans. The case itself will be made of clear polycarbonate and polished redwood. It will have room for expansion and will be considered as competitive replacement to mainstream cases. Aesthetics aside, the case will have superior airflow to modern cases through a 'better' push-pull air system designed around non-reference cards.

Is building a luxury gaming computer even worth it? Is it even relevant in today's computer world?

What are some difficulties I will come face to face with when creating my own case besides the general assembly? (Please tell me if this question is vague)

Also, would you ever consider buying one?

Please give some feedback and any advice for my plans.