Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card or TV/PC settings issue?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 28, 2012 5:28:56 PM

I am trying to use my new 46" 120hz 1080p LCD-TV as my Aion monitor. The specs of my fairly outdated computer include a 256MB nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS, PCI Express 2.0 x16 - Plug-in card, and Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz processor. It ran like a champ for the first 2 days, but now even on the lowest settings, I can take about 2 steps in game and get major freezes which always result in a crashing of the client. I have tried lowering the graphics settings to no avail. My question is if this can be fixed through an upgrade of the video card, or if it's a tv or pc setting related condition. Thanks.
a b x TV
a b U Graphics card
December 28, 2012 10:30:54 PM

well if its crashing the pc then its a pc issue.
Have you tried dropping the refresh rate to 60 if its at 120?
December 29, 2012 1:17:51 AM

I have dropped the refresh rate of the tv to 60 and turned off overscan. Since this post I have tried connecting my old monitor which never had an issue to the desktop and am having the same issue. Other things I've tried: checked, removed, reupdated drivers. Uninstalled/reinstalled the newest directx. Even went as far as to overclock the card to see if I noticed any difference. Nothing. Is it possible that connecting the pc through hdmi to the lcd-tv harmed the gpu? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to hardware and what could potentially do harm.
!