Does cleaning registry delete restore points?

Gandalf

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I would be very careful about using registry cleaners.

To answer your question, it would help to know which registry cleaning program you are considering. Some programs might have restore point deleting functions as part of the program's package.

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
I use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner all the time, once a week usually, and it's free, reboot after running it, no it does not affect the restore points, yes it does make a backup, no it has never caused any problems

Robby Gammel

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
hey guys thanks for the reply, i shouldave been a bit more specific,i have system mechanic. i allways back up registry with mechanic prior to cleaning. restore points are not actually deleted. however sometimes i get"restore could not restore system please select another restore point" no other point works either.. most of the times it works out ok.but just when i need a good restore point its in the crapper.. ive also noticed that after some windows updates the same thing happens..so im very leary of cleaning in the system areas. ive not had any issues with browser and cache cleaning with sys mechanic